The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Side steps for a Duetto

3 posters

Go down

Side steps for a Duetto Empty Side steps for a Duetto

Post by Paulwest55 Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:07 pm

Hi, just enquiring if anybody has added side bar steps or similar to a duetto? The reason I ask is due to disability I am struggling getting in and out of our lovely Dougal Duetto and have been thinking about ideas to make it easier, so if anyone has had similar problems, or have any good ideas we would be very grateful as we have not been doing this for very long and don't want to have to stop now as there is so much we want to see yet, a set of new bionic legs did cross my mind, but I don't think they are available yet...
 smile!
Paulwest55
Paulwest55
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Side steps for a Duetto Empty Re: Side steps for a Duetto

Post by boxerman Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:19 pm

Not a Duetto, but I fitted a slide-out step for the side door on our Symphony to make life easier for Dot.
Not cheap, but it does the trick.

Frank

Last edited by boxerman on Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : zpelink korektion)
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:25 pm

I had a plastic step in front of my sliding door on the Topaz and worked a treat. the foot part is bigger than a step fitted to vehicle, which I felt was safer for me, also a disabled friend found it was great for her, she couldn`t have managed without it.

Margaret

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulwest55 Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:26 pm

Thanks for your advice & help boxerman & daisy Mae, we have thought of a slide out side step, and already have a step we use manually, but I still struggle, we were thinking along the line of running boards, I have seen some types but most are like chrome bars, there are a couple platform type thou. My problem is mostly with the drivers door, as I am the driver. I did get some quotes for a controlled air suspension so the vehicle could be lowered right down but it costs around £5,000. So we are still thinking of ideas lol....
 scratch head
Paulwest55
Paulwest55
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down