The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

water filter

4 posters

Go down

water filter Empty water filter

Post by sandlodge Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:34 pm

I have just bought a Symphony and am trying to work my way through how everything works using various manuals but some things don't seem to be exactly how my van is.
Re the water system the manual refers to a filter next to the pump which is accessible via a hatch under the offside seat cushion, there is a hatch but this provides access to the water heater? There doesn't seem to be any way of accessing the pump to see if there is after all a filter. Unless I am doing something daft.
Also does anyone have a good method of stopping window rubbers from sticking to the window when laid up over the winter? I got mine part but only with a lot of care.
Thanks in advance. It is all pretty daunting at the moment. I expect further requests for help will follow.
Sorry if I haven't done this post correctly. This is also my first forum experience as well.
sandlodge
sandlodge

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

water filter Empty Re: water filter

Post by Paulmold Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:37 pm

I've just replied to the same question re water filter to another poster, our Symphony never had one despite the handbook telling you to replace it. The water pump by the way is under the false floor in the bottom cupboard under the cooker. Vaseline was what I put a smear of on window rubbers when we had a caravan.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:19 pm

Re window rubbers, I was advised to use talcum powder.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:01 pm

IIRC the water pump fitted to older A-S models (and possibly newer models, but I've never owned one of them) is typically a Shurflo Trailking, and every example I've seen has a small mesh filter in a small plastic housing attached at the inlet side of the pump. None of mine have ever needed any attention at all.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down