The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange switch and water filter access

5 posters

Go down

Strange switch and water filter access  Empty Strange switch and water filter access

Post by Richardp Mon May 04, 2015 8:16 pm

we have a p reg transit duetto and under the cooker in the cupboard where it says the water filter should be there is a switch- anyone know what this does? Also the according to the manual the water filter should be behind this panel but the panel is fixed any ideas where the filter is? I didn't want to rip out the panel and switch. Any advice welcome thanks from confused of Somerset.
Richardp
Richardp

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Strange switch and water filter access  Empty Re: Strange switch and water filter access

Post by Spospe Mon May 04, 2015 8:34 pm

We had a "V" reg Duetto and as far as I know Duettos were never fitted with a water filter.

The unit behind the panel (comes out easily with undoing a few screws) is the water pump.

The switch is either for the water heater, or the 12 volt unit (if it has a green light it is the 12 volt Zig unit)

AS play games at times in the location of various switches, but by a little experimenting you should be able to work out what any given switch does. What I have done on all my vans, is to find out what all these anonymous switches did and then label them with Dymo tape (saves future head-scratching).
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Strange switch and water filter access  Empty Re: Strange switch and water filter access

Post by Paulmold Mon May 04, 2015 8:40 pm

I doubt that a filter is fitted. My old Symphony was supposed to have one according to the handbook and when like you I couldn't find it, I rang AS and was told one was never fitted. Loads of Duetto owners here so I'm sure someone will confirm or otherwise. As for switches there is likely to be one for water heater and one for charger plus the fuse box.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Mon May 04, 2015 9:03 pm

Hi there,

The one under my cooker (a 1998 Duetto) is for the 12V systems and the one under the sink (with a red light) is for the 240V water heater.

If everything onboard fails to work go and look under the cooker.  We once switched our 12v systems off by hitting the switch with a tin! tap_fingers tap_fingers

Know nothing about water filters!  Sorry.

Hope this helps. allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround

PS

I once saw a man virtually dismantling the front of a motorhome so I wandered over to see if I could help.  He explained that he had absolutely no 12v supply and was going to remove what was obviously a completely clapped out leisure battery located beneath the driver's seat.

I asked him if he had tried "that switch there" and he hadn't.  When he tried "that switch there" the 12v system was restored and he started to wonder why the manufacturer (NOT AS I might add) had decided to place a main 12v isolation switch underneath the driver's seat where the driver could catch it with his heel and switch everything off.

It's nice to know that AS are not alone in their sense of humour! tap_fingers tap_fingers tap_fingers

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by brodco Mon May 04, 2015 9:40 pm

Hi wave
Richardp wrote:we have a p reg transit duetto and under the cooker in the cupboard where it says the water filter should be there is a switch- anyone know what this does?

On mine (1997 vintage) the only switch in that position is the Zig unit on off switch.

As far as I know I haven't got a water filter fitted (unless it's incorporated into the pump). I've certainly never changed it in 6 years! scratch head

If you're talking about the panel I think you are, its easy to remove, just a couple of screws (maybe three) and the panel comes off. The Zig unit isn't attached, the switch is just behind a hole in the panel.

If your van is the same as mine you'll get access to the Zig unit and the water pump behind it. The mains electrical trips and the water heater switch are in the next unit along (under the sink).

I'm (almost) certain you won't find a filter behind there so there's not much point in taking the panel off really, unless you want to check the conditions of the gubbins behind it.

Brod
brodco
brodco
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down