The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick XL - Anyone fitted a water filter?

4 posters

Go down

Warwick XL - Anyone fitted a water filter? Empty Warwick XL - Anyone fitted a water filter?

Post by HowieT Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:32 pm

Hi All,

Off to Spain & Portugal next month and was wondering whether a filter could be fitted?

I use water purifying tablets and we always drink bottled water. Non-the-less, it would be nice to pass the cold water feed through a charcoal filter.

The one I use at home has 10mm connections so should be possible to plumb one of those in.

The AS service centre said it could be done but were not specific about the 'how'. Having had a look at the mass of pipe junctions under the bed, I thought it prudent to ask if others had found a neat solution.

Ideally I'd like to add the filter onto the main inlet pipe (wherever that might be!) before it branches off to the sink, shower etc.

Any ideas?

Cheers for any guidance.
HowieT
HowieT

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL 2.3 180 C
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL - Anyone fitted a water filter? Empty Re: Warwick XL - Anyone fitted a water filter?

Post by Gromit Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:50 pm

Just a personal opinion.

Why bother if you don't drink from the tap and you use water purifying tablets, as it will slow down the flow of water, possibly enough to make you wish you had never installed it.

The water quality on the Continent is generally better even than ours, presumably because the climate is hotter and therefore they take greater pains to ensure no nasties can breed in it!!

We've always drunk from the motorhome tap and we don't use purifying tablets or anything else, apart from sterilising the system at the start of the season. Perhaps we've been lucky but we've never had a problem in 50 years of caravans and motorhomes.

As I said, just my opinion, but I wonder if you are worrying for no reason.  content
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL - Anyone fitted a water filter? Empty Re: Warwick XL - Anyone fitted a water filter?

Post by RogerThat Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:56 pm

I recently installed a Nature Pure QC marine filter on the cold side of the kitchen tap to provide us and our dog with safe water (call me paranoid).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by HowieT Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:05 pm

Thanks Dave - fair points.

However, Like Roger I'm a bit paranoid about germs (OCD??)

I can now also add access envy having seen the pictures! - my plumbing layout is really cramped
HowieT
HowieT

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL 2.3 180 C
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:25 pm

We NEVER drink from the onboard tank and only drink, boiled, incl tea etc bottled water. The whole point being, that, then, if you don't drink it, it matters not a lot what you put in it! When we come home, we always drain the fresh, and indeed waste water tanks onto out driveway, and both valves remain open until the next trip

So, in our case fitting of a purification filter would be, 1, unnecessary, and 2, pointless, and 3, something else to worry about/maintain.

Your call though, enjoy your trip!
Ian H
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by safariboy Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:23 pm

In Spain the biggest problem with the water seems to be the mineral content and filters would probably not solve that.  Bottled water seems to be so inexpensive that that might be a better solution.
safariboy
safariboy

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down