The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water filter / pressure valve

2 posters

Go down

Water filter / pressure valve Empty Water filter / pressure valve

Post by Apple Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:21 pm

Greetings I have a Broadway FB (2013) and have been experiencing repeated clicking during and after using the taps (hot & cold). The forum advises cleaning the water filter and also cleaning the diaphragm of the pressure relief valve or indeed replacing the valve totally. The location of the pressure relief valve is in the pan storage area of the cooker so is relatively easy to access but I cannot find the water filter at all.

I would be really interested in any members views and advice relative to this.

(ps I have already tried the adjustment wheel on the pressure relief valve to no avail)

Many thanks
Apple
Apple
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Water filter / pressure valve Empty Re: Water filter / pressure valve

Post by Peter Brown Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think you are referring to the whale pressure switch that controls the operation of the pump in the fresh water tank that does 'chatter' in certain circumstances.  There is no filter in this part of the system other than the water inlet cover of the submerged pump.  The video linked above shows how to clean the non-return valve in the pressure switch.

The operation of the pressure switch is voltage dependant.  If adjusted as whale describe, you will get the best compromise in operation between a part discharged leisure battery to when the battery is being charged on EHU.

Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Apple likes this post

Back to top Go down

Water filter / pressure valve Empty Thank you

Post by Apple Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:26 pm

Peter Brown wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think you are referring to the whale pressure switch that controls the operation of the pump in the fresh water tank that does 'chatter' in certain circumstances.  There is no filter in this part of the system other than the water inlet cover of the submerged pump.  The video linked above shows how to clean the non-return valve in the pressure switch.

The operation of the pressure switch is voltage dependant.  If adjusted as whale describe, you will get the best compromise in operation between a part discharged leisure battery to when the battery is being charged on EHU.

Thank you Peter you are correct I am talking about the pressure switch. Your chart was very helpful and I have now adjusted the valve as advised. Regrettably the fault still remains. Further research indicates that there is an umbrella type seal in the valve which can get clogged with debris. I am on a site at the moment and will put up with the noise until I get home when I will have a better opportunity of cleaning the valve

Thanks again for your advice.

Apple
Apple
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:28 pm

The video at the link shows how to dismantle and clean that seal (non-return valve)
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Apple likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:14 pm

Thanks again - the video also gives you the spare part number if you wish to replace the seal - very informative
Apple
Apple
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down