The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fridge

3 posters

Go down

Fridge Empty Fridge

Post by mick1953cars Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:18 pm

Hi. Im new to campervans. I need to remove the fridge to replace the gas hose on my 1994 T4 Trooper, its an Electrolux 4217. Can any one tell me how to remove it please.
mick1953cars
mick1953cars

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Trooper

Back to top Go down

Fridge Empty Re: Fridge

Post by Paulmold Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:41 pm

Not got your model but I have removed a few fridges from both caravans and a Symphony. Inside the fridge just past the door seal there should be a couple of screw-head caps on each side. These hold it in place in the surrounding woodwork. Remove these and unscrew the screws underneath. On the outside of the van remove the upper fridge vent. You should be able to see the gas pipe connection to undo.
Dependant on your fridge model, the top fascia should be removeable to see the electric connections which you will be able to get at once the fridge is unscrewed and pulled forward. That's about it if I remember correctly. Good luck.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Fridge Empty Re: Fridge

Post by -mojo- Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:46 pm

mick1953cars wrote:I need to remove the fridge to replace the gas hose

Do you mean you need to replace the hose that connects to the fridge? My van of roughly the same age had copper pipe for the supply to the fridge, which should never need replacing during the lifetime of the van.

However, if I've understood wrong, the normal way to get to the fixings is to open the door and you will find two plastic plugs on each side. Ease these out and the screw heads will be underneath. Beware - on some vans A-S also add extra screws from the far side of the surrounding cabinet. Also be aware that sometimes the wiring is quite tight and can pull off the back of the switches before you've had a chance to note where they go (been there)!
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down