The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anniversary

5 posters

Go down

Anniversary Empty Anniversary

Post by Stationerystill Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:36 pm

Hello,
Can anyone help me with this please? I have purchased a Peugeot Rambler 2005 and on the headrests it says "anniversary".
I wonder what anniversary it refers to.
Stationerystill
Stationerystill

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugeot 1.98 hdi 200

Back to top Go down

Anniversary Empty Re: Anniversary

Post by roli Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:38 pm

One of the last Club&Company Rallies (about that time) celebrated an Anniversary for Auto Sleepers, seem to have it in my mind it was a Ruby Anniversary.  Is the anniversary in ruby/maroon I wonder ?
There may be some on here that remember the Sweat Shirts and Caps AS were flogging at the time, will see if I have got any company info from that era or maybe Peter could look into the archives.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Anniversary Empty Anniversary

Post by Stationerystill Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:44 pm

Hi,
I just found the answer to my own question. My van is a 2005 van which someone has fitted out with the entire contents of a 2001 Ruby Rambler. It is a hybrid van. Does someone in the forum know of a Ruby Rambler which has been scrapped? I am trying to find a handbook or wiring diagram for it. I bought it from a car dealer, and the previous owner, who I believe did the conversion, has emigated to Melbourne. Does this disqualify me from the forum as although Auto-sleepers made all the components they did not make the van?
regards Malcolm
Stationerystill
Stationerystill

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dogseal Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:40 pm

Hi Stationarystill,

Is that your van on your avatar? If it was built on a normal pug van it would have the autosleeper  fibreglass top grafted on which would have to be removed from the original van..Was the original van written off?
I might be able to scan you some of the equipment manuals for the heating , fridge, etc if they are the same as mine.

Tim
dogseal
dogseal
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Stationerystill Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:10 pm

Tim,
I think it must have been written off but the dealer who sold it to me as an Auto-sleepers is claiming to know nothing about it.
It is exactly like yours to look at.Any manuals and information you can supply will be much appreciated. They made a good job of it except the hi top must have been fitted about 5mm. too low as the toilet door catches on the ceiling light.
regards Malcolm.
Stationerystill
Stationerystill

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:06 am

Stationerystill wrote:except the hi top must have been fitted about 5mm. too low

That sounds about right too - IIRC the roof on that type of van is bonded on, so it would have been neater to chop it above the bond than to try to break it free - hence it would end up lower overall.

I guess it's possible that a car dealer could have bought it without knowing what it was, but I doubt it.

However, if it's been well done and no corners have been cut then there doesn't seem to be anything to worry about. As a matter of interest, does the V5 show it as a Motor Caravan?
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Stationerystill Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:57 am

The DVLA have told me it was registered as a motor caravan in 2012. The car dealer said he traded it in against an Aston Martin in 2013. It is very well done with all the correct vents and gas safety features.
Stationerystill
Stationerystill

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Otto Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:51 pm

Just going back to the "anniversary" AS's 40th birthday was in 2001, only know that 'cause I claimed my 50th anniversary key ring in 2011, together with a complimentary hot-dog and cuppa from Marquis Caravans ! coffee_drink
Otto
Otto

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident

Back to top Go down