The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1996 Boxer Harmony 2ltr Petrol

3 posters

Go down

1996 Boxer Harmony 2ltr Petrol Empty 1996 Boxer Harmony 2ltr Petrol

Post by Grahame T Thu May 26, 2016 1:44 pm

Hi. Newbie to this site and hoping for some helpful information. I've only recently acquired this vehicle which came with very limited information and I  have a couple of queries.

1. Does the main vehicle battery get charged via the ZIG when on hook up and if so what should the unit be set to?

2. The vehicle is fitted with a TOAD Ai606 alarm system. It has been stood for a couple of weeks and now will not start     There is nearly a full tank of petrol and the engine turns over normally on the key, however it just won't start. It's almost            as if there is no fuel.

Is there an immobiliser button/switch that needs to be pressed and if so, where is it?

Any advice/information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Grahame
Grahame T
Grahame T

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper Model : Boxer Harmony
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

1996 Boxer Harmony 2ltr Petrol Empty Re: 1996 Boxer Harmony 2ltr Petrol

Post by -mojo- Thu May 26, 2016 2:23 pm

Questions like this can be quite hard to answer, because there aren't that many people on the forum with first-hand knowledge of exactly which model of Zig was fitted to a 1996 Harmony, and those that did know have probably forgotten! It may make things easier if you post a photo of the unit in question.

Typically on Zig units of that age, with the default setting (i.e. with the 3-way switch set to the habitation position) only the leisure battery is charged. If you set the switch to the vehicle position then only the vehicle battery will be charged. Usually (but not always, in my experience) the middle setting will disconnect all of the habitation appliances from 12V, but will leave the charger connected to the leisure battery while you are on EHU.

The problem is that the way in which the Zig unit behaves depends as much on how the converter wires it up as on what its capabilities are - and A/S are well known for changing the way that they connect things up during the course of production.

The only way you will know for sure is to connect a multimeter to each battery in turn, change the setting of the main power switch and see what happens to the voltage. When the charger is connected you should see a clear increase in the terminal voltage from 12.xx volts to 14.xx volts.

-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

1996 Boxer Harmony 2ltr Petrol Empty Re: 1996 Boxer Harmony 2ltr Petrol

Post by boxerman Thu May 26, 2016 5:28 pm

Grahame T wrote:Hi. Newbie to this site and hoping for some helpful information. I've only recently acquired this vehicle which came with very limited information and I  have a couple of queries.

1. Does the main vehicle battery get charged via the ZIG when on hook up and if so what should the unit be set to?
If your 1996 Harmony has the same Zig panel & charger as My 1995 Symphony, then No! it only charges the leisure battery. Can't help you with the alarm / immobiliser, although it sounds to me like that is where your problem lies.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down