The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duetto Rain Rails (different L/R sides)

4 posters

Go down

Duetto Rain Rails (different L/R sides) Empty Duetto Rain Rails (different L/R sides)

Post by scovell001 Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:53 pm

HI to all on the forum,

A question for Duetto (96-99) owners. Rain rails. On the drivers side, mine comes & meets the windscreen, so rain runs down the rail & runs directly down the screen & then down the gap on the edge of the bonnet.

On the passenger side, it nearly meets the windscreen, but not quite, not as closely as the drivers side. Heavy rain goes down the windscreen, but, if its a little trickle it will go down the passenger door frame rather than down the windscreen screen. I've checked a few pictures of Duetto's online & they seem to be the same. I just wanted to check if this was 'definitely' the case with other Duetto owners out there.
scovell001
scovell001

Male

Member Age : 49
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto LE

Back to top Go down

Duetto Rain Rails (different L/R sides) Empty Re: Duetto Rain Rails (different L/R sides)

Post by Spospe Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:40 pm

We had a 99 Duetto and to be honest cannot remember! Never had a problem with rain getting in anywhere from the rain channels; are you suffering from damp?
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Duetto Rain Rails (different L/R sides) Empty Re: Duetto Rain Rails (different L/R sides)

Post by Bulletguy Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:29 pm

Mine is a 2000 reg but Mk5 so identical to yours. Both sides go to the screen rubber though it's not that easy to see exactly due to the daft 'finisher' covers AS attached to the rails. These covers are a pain as they conveniently hide rust and i imagine whilst being simple to remove, they probably won't be so easy to re-fit as the plastic screw holders will undoubtedly snap.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:36 pm

on my Symphony. and i expect its the same on the Duetto,two drain holes at the front.They can get blocked and water will find a way down one way or another.

regards

mike
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down