The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2009 Symbol: Van drained down but...

5 posters

Go down

2009 Symbol: Van drained down but... Empty 2009 Symbol: Van drained down but...

Post by RoadlKing Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:06 am

When fully drained down, our Symbol Control Panel continues to beep and flash red, warning us that the fresh water tank is empty. Our, otherwise excellent, dealer told us to hold the stop button until the warning goes off, then close down the panel, but ten minutes later the warning and bleeping returns... What to do?

scratch head
RoadlKing
RoadlKing

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

2009 Symbol: Van drained down but... Empty Re: 2009 Symbol: Van drained down but...

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 pm

RoadlKing wrote:When fully drained down, our Symbol Control Panel continues to beep and flash red, warning us that the fresh water tank is empty. Our, otherwise excellent, dealer told us to hold the stop button until the warning goes off, then close down the panel, but ten minutes later the warning and bleeping returns... What to do?

scratch head
Hi
The emtpy fresh water tank warning light should switch off from the control panel as your dealer suggests, mine did on my 59 Symbol.
When Peter logs on, he should be able to suggest how to solve the problem.
My Symbol,had a fresh water strainer located inline on the pipe underneath the body on the drivers side of the van. The strainer will freeze and crack if not emptied, I took the strainer off until I refilled the fresh water 
tank for the season.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

2009 Symbol: Van drained down but... Empty Re: 2009 Symbol: Van drained down but...

Post by Kemerton-bath Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:05 pm

We have a 2009 Symbol and I drained it down yesterday.  Our control panel has the option to switch off the low water level alarm, which we always select, so have never experienced the problem you describe.  Scroll through your panel selections and you should come to it.

Good luck!

Tim
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:10 am

The unit described in this post is quoted in the AS handbook on their web site for the 2009 Symbol however as the thread has discovered the system being discussed is the MES system (that I have no 'hands on' experience of and did not know was fitted in any van conversions).  I'll not delete this post as it lets those who read it know there can be either system in their Symbol.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you follow the link above and then click on the blue text "EC155 User Instruction" you can open a pdf file of the instructions.

Section 4.2.1 describes the Audible Warnings

The symptoms you describe suggest that the pump is being switched on as well as the power - something you shouldn't be doing when the water system is drained.

Peter

Last edited by Peter Brown on Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:01 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : A different power system is installed in the original posters van)
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Gram Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:30 pm

I'm with Tim on this one.

If your control panel is like this it is an MES unit.

Try the right-hand button options, there should be a means of switching off the water alarm.

G

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Gram
Gram

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadlKing Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:19 am

Thanks all. Gram and Tim have the right unit. The van manual tells me that it will behave in the way I describe, nonetheless, after an hour or so of constant warning - despite holding down centre button, the warnings stopped and have not returned (and, yes, the panel still works otherwise ...)
RoadlKing
RoadlKing

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down