The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topaz washroom

3 posters

Go down

Topaz washroom Empty Topaz washroom

Post by kenjones Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:32 pm

Hi everyone,
We've recently returned from an 1100 mile trip around the coast from Lincolnshire to Devon, caught Norfolk in the rainy season otherwise great trip.
While driving through Dorset I became aware of a lot of rattles from the back of the van. This turned out to be the vanity unit dismantling itself from the inside. It looked like too much trouble for a roadside repair so we decided to continue our journey and manage with the kitchen unit for washing.
I've just finished the repairs. All of the glued joints had separated and had to be re-fixed. I suppose the sensible plan would have been to remove the complete unit and rebuild it. I didn't fancy such a big job so I decided to fix it via the narrow panel at the back. It proved impossible to glue it together as there was no way of clamping while the adhesive cured. I succeded by using double sided carpet tape in the joints and fitting some carefully placed screws with plastic caps to strengthen the joint.
With hindsight this problem must have started last summer when the wash basin wouldn't stay folded up. I fitted a plastic turnbuckle to hold it and it worked well, I had seen some vans in dealers with this fitting added. Now I have sorted the unit the wash basin stays in place as it should.
All ready for the next trip now.
kenjones
kenjones
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Topaz LE
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Topaz washroom Empty Re: Topaz washroom

Post by stevomar Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Hi Ken - Glad you had a good trip
What is it with AS wash basins. There's been a couple of threads on here just lately about basin problems.
Just glad I don't need one cos I never get washed on holiday Whistle1
Stevo

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Trident

Back to top Go down

Post by kenjones Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:46 am

stevomar wrote:Hi Ken - Glad you had a good trip
What is it with AS wash basins. There's been a couple of threads on here just lately about basin problems.
Just glad I don't need one cos I never get washed on holiday Whistle1
Stevo

I don't know about common problems with these units but i'm very disapointed with the "out of sight" quality of mine. The flimsy build, small plastic stays and sparingly applied adhesive in the sink unit are not at all up to the standard I expect from A/S.
kenjones
kenjones
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Topaz LE
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:48 pm

I used this stuff to fix a washroom basin crack - dubious name but seens to work..................... winks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Topaz washroom Md350193

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down