The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solar panel on a duetto

4 posters

Go down

Solar panel on a duetto Empty Solar panel on a duetto

Post by Happy_Wanderers Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:55 pm

Hello has anyone who owns a ford duetto managed to find a place on the roof where you can fit a solar panel? For a small van the roof space is used up by vents.......would roof bars work??  Hope anyone can help.

Best wishes smile!
Happy_Wanderers
Happy_Wanderers

Female

Member Age : 51
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Solar panel on a duetto Empty Re: Solar panel on a duetto

Post by vwt4 Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:44 pm

Hi I don't have a Duetto  but I would think there is very little room for a solar panel, if you fitted roof bars would you not get a lot of wind noise when on the move?.
I am sure a duetto owner will be along shortly to prove wrong:shrugg: 

mioke 
vwt4
vwt4
vwt4

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:58 pm

I have a Duetto on a MK7 Transit and have a 65 watt panel on the roof, fitted in the area at the back behind the kitchen roof light and the toilet room rooflight.

I have also seen a MK7 Duetto fitted with an 85 watt panel in the same position. In this case the panel actually touches the toilet room rooflight and comes up to the driver's side edge of the roof, but it does fit (just).

I have also seen the above vehicle with the TV aerial removed and another 20 watt panel fitted where it used to be.

If you don't have a MK7 (and you don't say what sort you have) then I can't help you further.
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by GeekyPhilip Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:40 pm

I know this is an old thread but I thought I would add to it incase someone finds it on Google.

I have a 2010 MK7 Duetto and have a 100watt solar panel fitted. The panel sits about 10mm away from the washroom and kitchen roof vents. It does not overhang the van roof, but is fairly flush with the edge.

My motorhome has a Auto-sleepers (Sargent EC325) power system fitted. This is great as it has dual solar regulators built in, you just need to buy the solar connecting lead from Sargent (£7.35), connect the panel to it and plug it in. The unit then does the rest.

I hope this helps someone else in the future.
GeekyPhilip
GeekyPhilip

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down