The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fuel m p g

5 posters

Go down

fuel m p g Empty fuel m p g

Post by imnotlost Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:02 pm

Hi. I was wandering what other Peugeot boxer harmony owners, fuel consumption was, [ motorway/towns], so I could compare my mileage, also is it worth while to have a lpg conversion fitted, I would be interested to hear any views. Thanks Ken, scratch head
imnotlost
imnotlost

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : harmony

Back to top Go down

fuel m p g Empty Re: fuel m p g

Post by Paulmold Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:41 am

Our Symphony always did 23/24 mpg regardless of road type. Doing under 5K miles per year an LPG conversion would never have paid for itself.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:27 am

We have a 2ltr Symphony, is a Harmony a bit lighter than a Symphony?
Anyway, as it's our only vehicle and gets used for everything, I get about 18 /20 "around town" and around 25/26 on a decent run.

I have a spreadsheet to work out how long an LPG conversion would take to pay for itself, if you PM me your email address, I'll send it to you.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There is some user info on mpg at the end of the link above.

Peter

Last edited by Peter Brown on Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:16 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : LPG info added - then deleted as Boxerman prompted re-read of question.)
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by andygump Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:48 am

Hi

Like a few things I have hummed and harred about installing an LPG system.   I wasn't too concerned aout recouping the cost, but more about giving me a greater fuel range for the longer journeys.   It should also add to the re-sale value.   I think  shrugg 

Cheers 

Andy.    up!
andygump

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:05 am

Peter Brown wrote:
I won a refillable tank and all the accessories to fit it at the ACCEO national rally in 2012.  After a couple of months weighing up the pro's and cons I decided it would be better (for me for various reasons) to stick with my two calor cylinders and gaslow changeover.

If I end up with a van with a fixed tank I will live with it but the 20 litre fixed tank currently fitted would give me problems in the winter in some circumstances and in some European regions and Scandinavia, autogas supply is sparse.

Peter
I think the OP was asking about LPG conversion for the engine, not the habitation side.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

fuel m p g Empty harmony mpg

Post by imnotlost Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:57 pm

Thank you to all for your replies and comments, We have just come back from the caravan show at Birmingham, And we were considering a good second hand small motorhome, we have been concerned about our mpg, our harmony is our first campervan and thought we could do better with a diesel motorhome. On our way home we filled the tank to the brim and noted the mileage did 118 miles back home and filled the tank to the brim again, Calculated on the computer mpg and 33 mpg done on motorway, So weighing up fuel prices/gas conversion And input from your good selves we have decided to keep our van and give a good revamp, Thank you all again for your replies. Ken/gaynor.
imnotlost
imnotlost

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : harmony

Back to top Go down