The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

water filler hose

3 posters

Go down

water filler hose Empty water filler hose

Post by Harper22 Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:38 pm

Hi folks, 
As some of you may remember I had to have a fair bit of bodywork and welding done on my girl a couple of weeks ago, this is all sorted and shes back to her rust free self underneath which is fantastic. There is however one slight side effect i'm not too happy with and that is during the welding process it would appear that the corrugated filler tube from the fiamma opening in the side of the van that runs through the body and under it to the water tank got melted during the welding of the sill, The consequence being that to fill the tank some poor * Inappropriate Word * (namely the O/H) has to hold a finger over a rather large hole in the tubing. Has anyone ever removed the fiamma cap surround or tried to replace the hose themselves? The garage offered to rectify the issue but in all honesty I would rather try and sort it myself. Any help or advise appreciated up! 

Neil
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Member Age : 45
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony

Back to top Go down

water filler hose Empty Re: water filler hose

Post by Dutto Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:03 pm

Hi there,

1) Send the O/H down to the nearest Marina to buy some waterproof tape.

2) Clean the fill hose with some clean water and dry it thoroughly.

3) When the O/H gets back home tell her where to stick it.

4) Ignore where the O/H tells you to stick it and go and use it to repair the hole.

Hope this helps. allthumbz 

Best regards,
drinksallround 

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:02 am

As you're in Sheffield, why not pop into Towsure & get a plastic coupler, cut out the damaged bit & re-connect, or, if not enough pipe, get 2 couplers & a short length of pipe to make up. 

I go there often & they have a good selection of stuff.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper22 Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:38 pm

lol, yes i can easily imagine being told where to "stick it" hugegrins  I have some of the amazing "rescue Tape" i got from one of the caravan shows (otherwise known as self amalgamating/fusing tape) which i will probably try and use I just wondered if anyone had replaced the whole tube before smile!
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Member Age : 45
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:53 pm

I've change the complete run of pipe from the inlet filler to the tank on a T4 Topaz in the past. It was pretty easy.  I was changing the filler unit for a nice new white one. When I removed the filler fitment, the hose had no free play and split as I was doing the job   censored! .  Old pipe came out easily and new one fitted very quickly.

John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down