The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

renault trafic rimini, what cycle rack fits

2 posters

Go down

renault trafic rimini, what cycle rack fits Empty renault trafic rimini, what cycle rack fits

Post by paulsc1000 Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:33 pm

I carry bikes quite often and I am thinking about fitting a permanent bolt on fiamma type cycle rack to my 1990 Renault rimini. I am been looking at second hand racks but they all seem to be for VWs or newer vans. There doesn't look like there is a rack specific to the older traffics but I have seen similar vans with racks fitted so I was wondering if anybody has managed to make one designed for another make of van fit, If so what did you use and is it possible to keep the spare wheel on the left door. any pointers and advice would be appreciated.
paulsc1000
paulsc1000

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper Model : rimini

Back to top Go down

renault trafic rimini, what cycle rack fits Empty Re: renault trafic rimini, what cycle rack fits

Post by boxerman Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:48 pm

Fiamma Carrybike 200D, similar to the Boxer one but you need to specify that it's for an early Trafic as the top mounting is different to the Boxer etc fitting.
On the Trafic fitting, the top mounts bolt through, are similar to the bottom ones but turned through 90 degrees. On the Boxer, the top mounts are a hook on affair. Don't know if the hook on fitting would fit the Trafic door?
You'll need to space the bottom rack mountings off the door by an inch or so to make the horizontal rails clear the spare wheel.
You can get telescopic rails to make it more convenient when not in use.

Mounting brackets like this, click on the drawing:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

HTH
Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

renault trafic rimini, what cycle rack fits Empty Re: renault trafic rimini, what cycle rack fits

Post by paulsc1000 Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:25 am

Thanks Frank up!
paulsc1000
paulsc1000

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper Model : rimini

Back to top Go down