The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxer/Harmony rear fixing driveaway awning

5 posters

Go down

Boxer/Harmony rear fixing driveaway awning Empty Boxer/Harmony rear fixing driveaway awning

Post by sapphire Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:30 pm

Hi Everyone,

I would like to fit a driveaway awning against the rear doors of our Harmony but not sure if there is such an animal. The problem as I see it is the doors in the open position interfering with the link.

Has anyone fixed such an awning, love to hear from you.

Lyndon
sapphire
sapphire

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugot Harmony

Back to top Go down

Boxer/Harmony rear fixing driveaway awning Empty BOXER/HARMONY REAR FIXING DRIVEAWAY AWNING

Post by newterry Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:19 am

Hi, this might be a starting point, I don't know of anything fixed unless you try one of the fixed caravan window awnings. I have a Harmony and there maybe issues with finding suitable fixing points.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm sure one of the magazines did an awning review recently, 'Kyam' is ringing a bell as the supplier but again, not fixed.

Good Luck up!

Never walk past open doors of opportunity as you'll never know what treasures lie beyond.
newterry
newterry
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony 1.9TD
Vehicle Year : 1999 reg

Back to top Go down

Boxer/Harmony rear fixing driveaway awning Empty Re: Boxer/Harmony rear fixing driveaway awning

Post by Paulmold Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:49 am

I think you'll find that most, if not all, awnings that claim to be for the rear of campervans, rely on the tailgate (upward lifting rear door such as VW's/Bongos without twin rear doors) to keep the awning up. On my Symphony, which obviously would apply to Harmony, I have an awning rail above the rear doors, so any driveaway awning of a suitable width would be able to be fitted but you would have to make sure that it has the height in the tunnel so that when the doors are open they do not actually rub against the roof of the tunnel section otherwise you will soon have holes in it.
To be honest I don't think there is anything out there to fit the bill except this which is not actually a driveaway .....

Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Boxer/Harmony rear fixing driveaway awning Empty Boxer/ Harmony drive away rear awning

Post by sapphire Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:41 am

Thanks Guys,

It looks as though anything I do will be a compromise.

The wife wanted an awning big enough for a small table and chairs to access from the cooker, down the built in steps and eat at the table. I don't really want to go to the expense of fitting the rear awning suggested to act as a tunnel into a further awning - but I will keep looking and thinking on the matter.

Lyndon
sapphire
sapphire

Male

Back to top Go down

Boxer/Harmony rear fixing driveaway awning Empty Re: Boxer/Harmony rear fixing driveaway awning

Post by gj1023 Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:31 am

I have been looking myself , for one for my symbol.  The one I come up with is the Quest Elite , you can get side panels for it.

gj1023
gj1023

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:08 pm

gj1023 wrote:I have been looking myself , for one for my symbol.  The one I come up with is the Quest Elite , you can get side panels for it.

Watched the video, went to the website, followed the links for both local and online retailers but couldn't find one who listed them confused3  didn't try every one 'cos I got bored after a while.

How much are they?

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by gj1023 Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:47 pm

They are around £85 and £8.99 for the side panels. They are on Ebay

gj1023
gj1023

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:59 pm

Cheers up! 

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Boxer/Harmony rear fixing driveaway awning Empty Boxer/ Harmony drive away rear awning

Post by sapphire Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:47 pm

Since posting this topic I have found a compromise, it is the Outhouse XL Handi, it can be used as a detached unit with a 2m x 2m footprint but also has a link. This is approx just higher than the gutter on my Harmony but with two canopy poles can be extended higher. The doors may still touch the tunnel but I have slipped short lengths of pipe insulation over the top edges of the door.

As I said - a compromise but seems to fit the bill for us, another awning is the Peak Outdoors Explorer, but as I purchased the Handi for £79.00 (display model) I felt that I couldn't go wrong, they normally sell for £129. 99:up!:
sapphire
sapphire

Male

Back to top Go down