The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cut Wires, alarm and removing dashboard

2 posters

Go down

Cut Wires, alarm and removing dashboard Empty Cut Wires, alarm and removing dashboard

Post by RichardB Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:17 pm

Hi all
Been out in the van again.  Have found a couple of wires that have been cut in the middle of the dashboard (bottom centre of windscreen)
they go across to the left and disappear under the dashboard mid centre of the glove box.

Whilst trying to see what these are I found a siren for an alarm so I had a look in the bag of manuals I got and found some details and at the bottom a key fob which sets the alarm.  It is  a Meta Security M99T2 so looking at the website I think the wires I found where at one point connected to an LED that flashes when the alarm is set.

So that I can see where they go and hopefully fit a replacement LED, I need to remove the passenger side of the dashboard.   There are quite alot of screws and don't want to remove everything and then get stuck putting it all back together!

Does anyone have a diagram showing how to remove the left side or do you know of any websites with pictures.
Van is a Peugeot Boxer 2.0l Petrol, T reg - 1999

Thanking you in advance
Richard
RichardB
RichardB

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : Not at the moment...
Vehicle Year : n/a

Back to top Go down

Cut Wires, alarm and removing dashboard Empty Re: Cut Wires, alarm and removing dashboard

Post by inspiredron Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:08 pm

I used to have a 2001 Fiat Ducato which I reckon is probably the same as your Peugeot apart from the engine. What follows is all from memory but I did take off the lower dash several times.
The good news is that the left side is easier than the right (assuming RHD!)

First remove the glove box. To do that you have to remove the lid which entails pulling back one or both spring loaded hinge pins.  They have little retaining pegs which drop into cutouts to hold them retracted. I think there were 4 screws to remove the glove box itself which just lifts out. 2 of those screws are behind the lid which is why it has to be removed.

To remove the lower dashboard cover there are, I think, 3 pozidrive screws just above the footwell each of which has a largish black plastic cup washer (which break easily when screwed back too hard). Then there are a couple of very pozidrive long screws in the region of the removed glovebox and, finally, a hexagon headed screw which goes in from the side near the top and can only be seen when the passenger door is open. That screw should not be overtightened when replacing as its head can punch through the trim.

If I remember properly the cover then just lifts away. On the offside it is more complicated - the same process but more screws at the bottom and fiendish plastic grips that take some shaped metal studs to hold the top in lieu of the screws that are in the glovebox. And you have to remove the steering column shroud.

Because of cab aircon problems I had to take mine off numerous times, often in lay-bys while Judy was preparing lunch en route, so it really is not difficult. Just take care that you note which screw comes from where and don't overtighten them on replacement.

If you pm me or post some photos of the panel and the glove box with its lid open it will probably refresh my memory.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down