The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trident Step Light

3 posters

Go down

Trident Step Light Empty Trident Step Light

Post by DavidT Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:57 am

I have just traded in my 1993 Trident for a 2005 T5 model. The light on the step for the sliding door seems to be on all the time the van is unlocked. I can't find a switch for this and the interior light switch in the cab does not have any effect on it. Is there a switch somewhere or do I have to remove the bulb?

Edit:  I just found out that it goes off after a while. I really must have a bit more patience!

Last edited by DavidT on Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Found the answer)
DavidT
DavidT

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Trident Step Light Empty Re: Trident Step Light

Post by rose49f Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:51 am

Let us know how you get on with the T5. All the pros and cons.
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidT Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:20 pm

Will do! We're going to the Yorkshire Dales tomorrow, so I should have a pretty good idea how it compares to the T4 once we get back home. So far, it seems very similar to drive, but the storage is not as good as our old one.
DavidT
DavidT

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:55 pm

DavidT wrote:The light on the step for the sliding door seems to be on all the time the van is unlocked.
Just checked mine, and the step light and cab lights should all go out 30 seconds after you shut the sliding door, even if you leave it unlocked. So I would suspect something wrong with the switch/contact assembly where the leading edge of the sliding door meets the body. It would also be worth checking that there are no blown fuses - it sounds a bit counter-intuitive that a blown fuse could cause a light to stay on, but these things do sometimes happen!

The step light and cab lights also go out after a longer timeout (around 16 minutes IIRC) if one or more of the doors are left open, as you've already found.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down