The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kemerton XL - Water Leaks

+2
Roopert
Martin Dearnley
6 posters

Go down

Kemerton XL - Water Leaks Empty Kemerton XL - Water Leaks

Post by Martin Dearnley Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:00 pm

I have recently taken delivery of a new 2021 Kemerton XL and have been disappointed by the number of faults. I'm just back from my 2nd trip and a major water leak has developed inside the van . When then pump is switch on with the taps closed water is being pumped out and filling the van , it may be a pipe that's become disconnected . I'm concerned as there is water in the cupboard where the electrics are located and the walls and floor are damp .
Also before this the water tank was draining out of the boiler drain pipe despite the valve being in the correct off position ,this has happened twice now leaving me with no water . 
Has anyone else experienced these problems , also is the van safe to drive ?
Martin Dearnley
Martin Dearnley

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Kemerton XL - Water Leaks Empty Re: Kemerton XL - Water Leaks

Post by Roopert Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:03 pm

I think it's fair to say that any motorhome conversion is complicated, and it's not unusual to get a few initial teething problems. I can recall our first new A/S van in 1983 had a few minor defects, and they were fixed pretty quickly by the supplying dealer a couple of months after we first took delivery.

Martin Dearnley wrote:is the van safe to drive ?

I don't think an issue with the water pump should have any impact on driving safety, unless you are thinking of something that you haven't yet mentioned? I'm fairly sure that the power control system cuts the power to most of the internal 12V appliances (the fridge and the heating being two exceptions) so it certainly shouldn't have any material affect on driving.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:03 pm

My sympathies, but it's for the dealer to sort out all the issues you are having and PDQ.

On our Kemerton XL The only issue we had with our drain tap was that it doesn't have to get that cold for it to dump the water onto the ground.

Our three main issues were, having to replace the EC700 panel twice (plus hours travelling to Sargent near Beverly and the dealer twice) a bathroom tap that kept getting unscrewed because the spout was too stiff to move, (2 trips to the dealer), finally A-S replaced the tap with a much easier to turn mixer tap spout.

The external top fridge vent wasn't properly sealed and would let water in during heavy rain. I've got a video I took of water flowing out from under the floorboard at the back of the van. I discovered myself where the water was getting in, and spent many hours drying out the van with an air compressor, fan heater and hot air gun (on low heat). This work avoided us having to leave the van with A-S for several weeks, taking a second car, plus all the travelling expenses and possible Premier Inn stays.As it was we had a night staying at the Bell Inn at Willersey, and some nights at Morton-in-Marsh CAMC as back up. A-S finally gave the all clear that the damp levels they'd found during a habitation check were now low enough.

Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by YorkshaPud Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:25 pm

Just being honest, I’d expect 2 years of problems be it small or large, that’s my experience anyway buying a 2019 Warwick XL from new  but the dealer hasn’t helped speed things along. If you start getting bad responses you can always ask for a “return to factory” back to AS HQ and may have more luck if that suits you.

Not to be negative but just to set expectations and I aren’t the only one!
YorkshaPud
YorkshaPud

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:25 pm

Martin Dearnley wrote:Also before this the water tank was draining out of the boiler drain pipe despite the valve being in the correct off position ,this has happened twice now leaving me with no water . 
Please forgive the question but, having turned the handle on the frost drain valve, did you press the button in firmly until it clicked?

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:08 pm

inspiredron wrote:
Martin Dearnley wrote:Also before this the water tank was draining out of the boiler drain pipe despite the valve being in the correct off position ,this has happened twice now leaving me with no water . 
Please forgive the question but, having turned the handle on the frost drain valve, did you press the button in firmly until it clicked?
the new water heaters ref whale do have problems with the drain pipe leaking . to help seal the valve turn the drain on and off and this helps clear and reseal the drain valve seal.
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : kemerton xl

Back to top Go down