The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topaz Portable waste water container

+5
Paulmold
algy
-mojo-
d.l.hunter
daisy mae
9 posters

Go down

Topaz Portable waste water container  Empty Topaz Portable waste water container

Post by daisy mae Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:40 pm

Does anyone use a portable waste water container under their VW please,? I have a Topaz, I like the look of the  Fiamma 23ltr waste water container, don`t know whether it will go underneath,  is there any that will fit under a VW ?  there isn`t much height and I am having difficulty finding a container, on the sites I have been to, there isn`t any facilities for emptying MH grey water.

Your help would be much appreciated,

Thank you
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Topaz Portable waste water container  Empty waste water container

Post by d.l.hunter Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:04 pm

Hi. I dont have a VW, but I have a Transit Duetto. I use one of the flat black can type containers that has a cap in the middle of the flat side. Holds about 20 or so litres. I also have a little trolley that I think was for suitcases to truck the waste and the toilet to the dump area. Works ok and is a lot cheaper than the ones with wheels on. Regards, David.

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Topaz Portable waste water container  Empty Re: Topaz Portable waste water container

Post by daisy mae Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:20 pm

Hi David,

Thanks for reply, those black ones are too high, just wouldn`t go any where near, I have less than 24cm.

Regards,

Margaret
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Topaz Portable waste water container  Empty Re: Topaz Portable waste water container

Post by -mojo- Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:31 pm

I use a portable waste container under my VW - it's also known as a small bucket. I've never been very good at lining it up under the waste water outlet, so when I pack up to leave, it's usually empty.

Before I get berated, I should add that the dirtiest things to get washed in my van's sink are tea/coffee mugs and breakfast cereal bowls. Anything dirtier and I just take it and use the site washing up sinks instead...
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by algy Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:50 am

We use a waste hog under our Clubman,height isn't a  problem, but the inlet is quite low. Couldn't you attatch a hose to the outlet on your m/h and leave the container at the side....cheers..Algy
algy
algy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:04 am

Thank you to mojo, but I prefer to use my own facilities, not sinks where others have left their bits out of their washing up in the sink, uh!!anyway I would have washing and shower water to dispose of, cannot to see the point in paying good money out and then not use what I have, very grateful for reply all the same. cheers

Thank you Algy think I will have to do that, trouble is outlet tap is so low the pipe would be going uphill. the lowest container I have seen on line is the Fiamma 40ltr one which is 20cm, they are expensive but wondered if anyone has used one before I bid for one on Ebay which would be cheaper, then find that doesn`t work.

Don`t agree with letting waste water out on pitch or  on the road.

Algy I am thinking of changing to a Clubman, just a bit bigger than mine .I would have to use it for my everyday vehicle.

Cheers,

Margaret
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:06 am

We use a Fiamma one and yes the water does have to go uphill a bit but it works fine.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:24 pm

Thanks for that just missed one on E-bay last night, also see there is a German one made for VWT5 / T4 never heard of that one. Looks possible .
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JPCoetzee Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:33 pm

Must admit I am one of those who let it dribble out. I'm relatively new here, but I would guess this argument has been done to death before...?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"While greywater may look “dirty,” it is a safe and even beneficial source of irrigation water in a yard. ... to plants, they are valuable fertilizer."
JPCoetzee
JPCoetzee

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz (2000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonyt Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:07 pm

What about using one of those collapsible water carriers?  They are very flat when folded - not sure if they would expand as filling or just overflow?  Not sure what capacity either.

Don't cost a fortune so maybe worth a try.

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sold -

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:47 pm

Thank you for both replies,

JPCoetzee  the water may be very good for plants, but watering a pitch is a NO NO, not fair on other campers who come after, also frowned on gets
 Motor homers a bad name and some places are  banning them, so I am not going down that route. I have just read the link that you put on, re grey water, that refers to your water at home and using in YOUR garden , not on a public camp site. Cheers  rolleyes 

Tonyt     Thank you for that, I do want a wheeled container as I struggle with carrying , if it is a small container would be going several times a day, I do appreciate your input.

Cheers
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonyt Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:59 pm

daisy mae wrote:....................
Tonyt     Thank you for that, I do want a wheeled container as I struggle with carrying , if it is a small container would be going several times a day, I do appreciate your input.

Cheers

Have you tried CAK Tanks?  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I know they are predominantly suppliers of underslung tanks but what they don't know about water tanks isn't worth knowing.  Maybe they could point you in the right direction. 

If you can find one that goes under your rear end you could always move it around on one of those suitcase trolleys - seen quite a few used for that on various sites.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveUK Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:52 pm

Have you looked at the ones sold for draining oil from car engine sumps? Some may be lower than your 24cm clearance.  I would imagine they would be a lot cheaper than those sold to the likes of us as well!

Steve
SteveUK
SteveUK
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonyt Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:00 pm

daisy mae wrote:Hi David,

Thanks for reply, those black ones are too high, just wouldn`t go any where near, I have less than 24cm.

Regards,

Margaret

Margaret

I have one of those black jobbies which I use to drain out any remaining waste when I get home.  I've just measured it, 210mm deep so should slide easily under your Topaz.  I don't mean to offend but you do know that they lay flat when filling and only turn upright (more than 240mm) when you take them out to empty?

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:16 pm

Yes tonyt I know the black tanks can stand upright, used one decades ago with our first caravan, measured the one at Halfords and theirs was too high,  still have to carry them though. Thanks.

Yes  looked at the ones  for draining oil, they hold 8 litres the price was £25 , which I thought was over the top, after a Fiamma that is on E-bay for the caravan, as the Wastemaster takes up too much room , it is only 20cm high when laid flat, that would go in a treat under my MH , but it is 40litres and quite long to fit in my Motorhome shower room when travelling, I think we are getting somewhere at last it has been narrowed down to a couple of possibilities. perhaps you are wondering why we have a caravan and I have a Motorhome, well mine is my everyday vehicle, as well to  visit friends and family further away ,easier than tugging and oh doesn`t always want to go anyway,  the caravan is used for long holidays.

Thank you all for your help. perhaps I may be able to help someone in the future. this is a great forum, highly recommended.thanksverymuch
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by golly Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:33 pm

Hi

Dont know if you are still looking for waste container, but we had the same problem and found one of these on ebay. I dont think they are made now 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
golly
golly

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:26 pm

Thanks for that golly, but still have to carry it, I have carpel tunnel and arthritis so is difficult, anyway all sorted have the German one ( it has it`s own wheels ) from E-bay, bought it back end of last year, shortly after that I sold my Topaz anyway, and bought a Clubman, as it is a lot higher, problem solved.

Thanks for all replies.

Margaret

Last edited by daisy mae on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : put in it has wheels)
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down