The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which way round do you sleep in your duetto

+5
Dave 418
Harper22
Dutto
astrag60
damunden
9 posters

Go down

Which way round do you sleep in your duetto Empty Which way round do you sleep in your duetto

Post by damunden Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:09 pm

I have discussed the sales literature for the Duetto with an Autosleeper employee and it was instantly obvious he did not know the answer
So here are options

1) Autosleeper literature method pillows mid van feet to back of front seats and backward roll to go to loo in night.
2) Short house ( no insult intended ) mountaineers ( no insult intended) with pillows on an outside wall and feet on opposite wall 
3) Common sense way pillows on back of front seats Feet halfway to loo already 
And I would introduce myself more if I could only break into that section of site. Will go and consult deep thought.
damunden
damunden

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Which way round do you sleep in your duetto Empty Re: Which way round do you sleep in your duetto

Post by astrag60 Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:31 pm

Head next to front seats, Never tried any other way but the mrs dont like the mattress, she says it gives her a bad back. Maybe outside on the grass beer depending!!drinksallround
astrag60
astrag60

Male

Member Age : 47
Auto-Sleeper Model : duetto

Back to top Go down

Which way round do you sleep in your duetto Empty Re: Which way round do you sleep in your duetto

Post by Dutto Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:54 pm

Normally two singles.

ME - driver's side head to rear.  SWMBO - passenger's side head to front.

On "Blue Moon" nights any which way we can!allthumbz allthumbz 

drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper22 Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:50 am

Its the same layout as the harmony and we sleep head to dash end as feels less claustrophobic being able to see full length of the van, also utilities dash and steering when as pillow supports to sit up in bed. have tried sleeping transverse but both a little tall for that option hugegrins
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Member Age : 45
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:55 pm

Due to me being 6ft I find across our Dueto too short. We usualy sleep head at front so I can hang my feet over the gap in the midle. Plus you have the reading lights above youre head. Another bonus being able to sit on the bed with backs against the front seats to watch the telly/dvd player. Buy A matres topper from pound strecher they are very cumfy and cheap.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrey Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:09 pm

As I travel with my daughter, we use single berths and have always put feet to the front seats. But I guess if there was a slight tilt fore and aft, one could swap to keep heads higher. The first way, you do have individual lights and the tv shelf top...we don't have a telly!
I got memory foam toppers cut to size -- big improvement.
MrsGrey
MrsGrey
Donator
Donator

Female

Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Post by isitfridayyet Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:58 pm

as  2 single beds
the short one - me, on drivers side head at cooker end so i have a light and a table to put phone, tea, book on.
him - same way and we leave the front seat facing to the rear this gives more length for his feet.

as a double we normally sleep the same way as above. but have also tried the other way across the van which is more comfortable for me going across the cushions but his legs end up going diagonal.

my biggest problem is the difference in the firmness of cushions on the drivers side. i find i get 'stuck' down on the smaller back cushion so end up sleeping in just the far section nearest the side of van. i brought a memory foam mattress to cure it but it only helps a bit.
isitfridayyet
isitfridayyet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:23 pm

Simple for me being a 'solo' as I can choose. hugegrins 

Always used the single on the passenger side......but I do it differently to most. I swivel the passenger seat around then push it back until there is just enough room for the single bed/seat to fold down. Sleep facing feet forward with head by wardrobe end. This saves having to carry the extra cushion fillers which take up valuable space.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:13 am

drinksallround We made the leap to the Duetto for many reasons but one factor that took us away from tents is that we are just too old to sleep on the floor sober. Is it me or are we seeing a lot more Duettos on the forum recently. When you are on site I noticed they stand out for one reason. Most of the other van convertions are white or some other bright modern colour. The Ivory White and the older style interior trim makes them special I think. Very british I supose.happyyes
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:34 pm

2 singles, feet to chair backs. Roll out for loo visit. Me next to sliding door smile!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrey Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:37 pm

I've now slept 3 of the 4 possible orientations. Passenger side, head to seat back -- bad idea with a duvet -- draught comes up from the side door. Would be fine with a sleeping bag. I've never tried it with the passenger seat reversed "Captain style" but I have sat that way with feet up and it is longer than the standard way with the cushion insert. Not my problem being 5'1"hugegrins
MrsGrey
MrsGrey
Donator
Donator

Female

Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:24 am

Tommy-Darcy wrote:2 singles, feet to chair backs. Roll out for loo visit. Me next to sliding door smile!
 Actually, I sleep b the sliding door. Molly sleeps on the passenger seat swivelled so that it faces the door wit her own sleeping bag on it. smiley_yawns 

This means that there is a gap between the end of my bed and the side of Molly's bed, but I still get a better nights sleep than in any house bed allthumbz  go figure !

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62

Back to top Go down