The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harmony owners Really really stuck

+3
Paulmold
roli
algy
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Harmony owners Really really stuck - Page 2 Empty Re: Harmony owners Really really stuck

Post by Bartfarst Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:47 pm

The Zig unit control panel you have there is identical to that on my 1995 Harmony.

Regarding charging, in my Harmony the split charge relay is under the bonnet in the engine compartment and, as far as I can recall, there are no relays anywhere near the leisure battery i.e. beneath the driver's seat.

Whilsy talking relays, does anyone know where the relay for the 12V supply to the fridge is located? I've never found it, but then I've never needed to go looking for it!

The method I use to check that the leisure battery is charging is to monitor the voltage with a small digital AVO. If after starting the engine the volts are climbing then, as far as I'm concerned, its charging. I monitor this either at a two pin plug (with van 12V switch on of course) or at a line I have permanently attached to the leisure battery terminals and which is normally coiled-up and left down there. This has two functions: in emergencies I have jumpered the vehicle battery from the leisure battery with a single 12V line. Also in winter I (used to) stick a cigar lighter plug on the end of the line, fit a 5A fuse, fire up the Zig unit mains charger and periodically charge both vehicle and leisure batteries in parallel. I can no longer do this as, since upgrading my van to a Mk2 Ducato electrical system with 2.0l HDi - see separate posts in Technical section - the cigar lighter socket on the vehicle only goes live and connects to the vehicle batttery when the ignition key is turned. So a rethink is required here before the winter!

BTW when we bought our Harmony new in 1995 we also bought all the cushions and stuff to make a double bed but, in the time since then we've never, ever used them. Reasons are, firstly, we could never work out where all the bits went, secondly I'm pretty sure we were sold the incorrect platform but we never complained or returned it, and thirdly, particularly when our two girls came with us, we never had room for all the bits. I do recall an annoying little slide-out bar that used to protrude out from the N/S passenger seat but, having clobbered our shins on it when it came out in transit, it too was soon resigned to the 'AS Spares' box at home.

Hope this helps.

Bartfarst

Bartfarst
Bartfarst

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : 1995 Boxer Harmony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Harmony owners Really really stuck - Page 2 Empty Thanks

Post by algy Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:12 pm

A great help thanks,but there are three relays under the drivers seat next to the l/battery also there is an in line fuse,it was one of these relays that had broken a pin.The double bed I now know Thanks to Paul is made up with the two tables laid down the middle then the sofa back and 2 small cusions make up the infil for the bed.thanks agin...Algy
algy
algy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2