The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Owners of 99 harmony-symphony-duetto peugeot

4 posters

Go down

Owners of 99 harmony-symphony-duetto peugeot Empty Owners of 99 harmony-symphony-duetto peugeot

Post by Harper22 Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:39 pm

After nosying about on the forums for a while now it seems the most common answer to a lot of problems is "alan at Autosleepers" well im guessing i got him on an off day shrugg

I emailed through the spare parts request section of the autosleeper website last night regarding the wooden base and infill cushions for my harmony after someone on here said that autosleepers had fabricated a new base and cushions for there van and although the fabric was not the same as the original van they worked a treat.

I got this reply today "I am sorry but these parts are no longer available" I sent a reply back "I was under the impression from the owners forum that they could still be fabricated as autosleepers would have the original plans. Is it the wooden base, the fabric or the particular shaped pads that are no longer available? If its just the base I would try and make my own if the fabric was available.

The reply was then "The patterns for the wooden base is not available anymore, the cushion drawings are not available and the fabric is now obsolete"

I understand that companies cant keep plans forever but cant help but feel that I have just been told my old girl is an antique and wont get any parts in the future, Not really what I expected from someone so highly praised on here but maybe I have taken it wrong, Im sure he has been agreat help to many on here in the past.

So now I have rambled on I will get to the point hugegrins Is there anyone on here with a 99 harmony/symphony/duetto that has this wooden base board in there possesion that could possibly send me some dimensions and photos so I could make my own? Im guessing as long as it was the peugeot base unit that the board would be the same for all models? (ironicly my user manual has the cushion dimensions so that bit is a doddle hugegrins )

Or the other possibility is there is someone on here that has the base and cushions but doesnt use them and would consider selling them (appologies if that part of the post should be somewhere else)

Looking forward to someone being wonderfully helpful on this one

Regards

Neil
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Member Age : 45
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony

Back to top Go down

Owners of 99 harmony-symphony-duetto peugeot Empty Re: Owners of 99 harmony-symphony-duetto peugeot

Post by Peter Brown Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I suspect the item was fabricated as part of a larger job by one of the technicians in the service centre at Willersey - they are very good at that sort of thing.

Hopefully someone will have the dimensions you want but there are a couple of firms like the one in the link above who will make bespoke units.

My first van was 6 years old and the infill cushions were missing. After a few months frustration with the dealer I rang the previous owner whose details were in the service book. He had them wrapped in polythene and unused in his loft and sent them to me.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Owners of 99 harmony-symphony-duetto peugeot Empty Re: Owners of 99 harmony-symphony-duetto peugeot

Post by Paulmold Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:12 pm

At the Shrewsbury show year before last I got into talking with a Harmony owner (while distributing ASOF calling cards) and were discussing the differences between our vans and if memory serves me right, the boards were the vans' tables which rested on ledges on the edges of the two seats. Maybe I am remembering it wrong.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper22 Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:09 pm

Paulmold wrote:At the Shrewsbury show year before last I got into talking with a Harmony owner (while distributing ASOF calling cards) and were discussing the differences between our vans and if memory serves me right, the boards were the vans' tables which rested on ledges on the edges of the two seats. Maybe I am remembering it wrong.

I have the 2 tables to make up the transverse double with the additional cushions so thats fine, Its the between cab seats bit im missing so_sad
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Back to top Go down

Owners of 99 harmony-symphony-duetto peugeot Empty wood between seats

Post by imnotlost Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi harper22, I have shaped a piece of ply to fit between our seats in our peugeot/harmony, I also drilled two holes to hold our travel mugs so they dont spill,this idea may help you solve want you want,you could get your foam infills from an upholsterer and cover it with any material, If you look between the seats there is a recess {same as table recess} where the ply will sit, the ply needs to be shaped like a wedge which i did freehand and will only fit from sliding in from rear, Hope this is helpfull to you. Ken/gaynor.{imnotlost}
imnotlost
imnotlost

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper22 Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:59 pm

imnotlost wrote:Hi harper22, I have shaped a piece of ply to fit between our seats in our peugeot/harmony, I also drilled two holes to hold our travel mugs so they dont spill,this idea may help you solve want you want,you could get your foam infills from an upholsterer and cover it with any material, If you look between the seats there is a recess {same as table recess} where the ply will sit, the ply needs to be shaped like a wedge which i did freehand and will only fit from sliding in from rear, Hope this is helpfull to you. Ken/gaynor.{imnotlost}

ahhhh now that sounds pretty genious, especially as there are no mug holders in the dash (i find that frustrating as the OH has to sit and hold my drink in transit)

Is there any way you could put some pics up and maybe the rough dimensions? ( I know im cheeky hehehe)

Regards

Neil
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by imnotlost Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:09 pm

Hi,Niel,I wrote a reply this afternoon tried to load photos and lost message, The measurements i cut my ply from, 3/4 ply, at the front it measures 19.1/4 inch across,18 inch lengh,20 inch across rear,two slots cut on angle to allow seat belt brackets to move freely also to allow removel of ply to turn seats around, I cut two 3 inch holes near front to hold our thermal mugs,this is not the finished job i am looking for better materials to rebuild a better one {lighter in wieght}, Also i am going to put at the rear of the ply underneath a sliding shelf simalar to the kitchen cutlery drawer, for extra storage, stuff i need in the cab, also shamford edges so seats can still move back and forth, i will try to load photos a s a p. no i dont think your cheeky if this is of help to you then more than happy to reply to any question you may have.regards ken.
imnotlost
imnotlost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by imnotlost Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:19 am

Hi neil,Tried to load photos, even signed up to photo bucket still baffled scratch head If you need photos perhaps i could send by email, cheers ken.
imnotlost
imnotlost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper22 Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:21 pm

imnotlost wrote:Hi neil,Tried to load photos, even signed up to photo bucket still baffled scratch head If you need photos perhaps i could send by email, cheers ken.

thats a fantastic description thank you, Have sent u a PM with my email address up!

Regards

Neil
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper22 Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:07 pm

Well I got me bed base sorted and managed to include some cup holders n it works a treat, Many thanks for everyones input :-)

Owners of 99 harmony-symphony-duetto peugeot A93EF254-4E5C-45FD-9C10-D0B94278E5AE-635-000000D74C40BEF9_zps27901c92

Owners of 99 harmony-symphony-duetto peugeot 0F18FA0A-ADE4-4E0F-ABD5-AEC962556B1B-635-000000D747ADC5B8_zps3002ed3b

Owners of 99 harmony-symphony-duetto peugeot 5E0F6B9C-23BE-438B-B5D9-33D5C0F5C9BD-635-000000D744AD5EA2_zpsae947fcc
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Back to top Go down