The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leisure battery charger

2 posters

Go down

Leisure battery charger  Empty Leisure battery charger

Post by Lesley Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:26 pm

A big thank you to this forum, we have had our auto sleeper now for nearly a year . We have used it on a number of occasions for short trips. We are planning a longer holiday and was looking for the charging unit for the leisure battery but could not find it, so googled it and was forwarded to this forum .
It was suggested , it might be under the kitchen sink behind a ply wood panel , or under the passenger seat. When I told my husband of these suggestions his face lite up and bingo it was under the passenger seat.
Thank you all once again . We will be using the site again .
Lesley
Lesley

Female

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW clubman

Back to top Go down

Leisure battery charger  Empty Re: Leisure battery charger

Post by Cymro Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:42 pm

yes, that's where the on-board, built-in charger lives. If you look at it (easiest when standing outside the open door) you can see it has an on/off rocker switch, and may have an indicator light to show when it's connected to mains. In practice, it's rarely thought about, and is left permanently switched on. When you connect up to mains, the charger tops up the habitation battery (which on my clubman lives under the offside bench - a pig to inspect). When on mains, therefore, you can think of it as if the 12v habitation system is continuously being supplied, via the charger and the battery.

I had one problem once, when a lightening strike caused a spike (at a Caravan Club site) which - as the man in AutoSleepers said when fitting a replacement charger - "frazzled" the old one.

Just leave well alone!
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down