The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renault Trafic ON Line parts suppliers

2 posters

Go down

Renault Trafic ON Line parts suppliers Empty Renault Trafic ON Line parts suppliers

Post by peterrc Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:32 am

The Exhaust on my 1993 Renault Trafic/Rapport 1.7 Petrol needs replacing. Can anyone recommend a on line supplier for this and other parts please.
Many thanks
Peter
peterrc
peterrc

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rapport

Back to top Go down

Renault Trafic ON Line parts suppliers Empty Re: Renault Trafic ON Line parts suppliers

Post by boxerman Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:15 am

The front pipe seems to be a bit of a rare item from what I can gather and people have told me that they have bought pipes that didn't fit, which is a problem with buying online.  The rest of the system is quite easy to get (allegedly). Have you tried your local Auto Factors? at least if its wrong then, it's easier to take back. They "may" deliver to your door.
What other parts do you need?

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Renault Trafic ON Line parts suppliers Empty Re: Renault Trafic ON Line parts suppliers

Post by peterrc Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:31 am

Thanks Frank. Sometimes On Line is cheaper than Local but I agree with you about returns. I have had a look on line and have found an End and middle box but no diagram which does not give me confidence. My last Campervan was a Mazda Bong and spares were readily available On Line. I don't specifically want any other parts at present but plan to look at the brakes after I have got the exhaust fixed. I have the 'Pocket Mechanic' Manual for the Trafic, is ther any other manuals that you can recommend?
Regards
Peter
peterrc
peterrc

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rapport

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:02 am

Hi Peter,
On line is often cheaper but don't forget to factor in the postage costs, and you need to be 100% sure that he part you are ordering is the correct one. One place which comes highly recommended is Seekpart24  http://seekpart24.com/ a German company who seem to be able to source parts that everywhere else says are unavailable / obselete. Some of their items can be on the expensive side so it pays to shop around. I've bought parts (for the Boxer) from various suppliers on Ebay and received good, quick service.

Apart from the factory manual (Horribly expensive IF you can get one) and the CD /DVD ones (which are not as good as they make out) there are no other manuals for the Trafic, I can only point you towards our club webpage [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for advice and to save me from typing it all in (again!)

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down