The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parts for Renault Trafic circa 1998

3 posters

Go down

Parts for Renault Trafic circa 1998 Empty Parts for Renault Trafic circa 1998

Post by Arek Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:00 pm

Hi everyone, considering buying an autosleeper on a Renault Trafic 1998 2.2 petrol, is it easy to obtain parts for these should the need arise or am i better with a VW or Ford? Any advice greatfully received!  wave
Arek
Arek

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Talbot Symphony

Back to top Go down

Parts for Renault Trafic circa 1998 Empty Re: Parts for Renault Trafic circa 1998

Post by boxerman Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:10 pm

Wouldn't say that they were any better or worse than any other.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Parts for Renault Trafic circa 1998 Empty Parts for Renault Trafic circa 1998

Post by tudedude Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:17 am

We have just scrapped our Renault Trafic and whilst we were innately fond of her - obtaining spares was like finding hens teeth.

Just for that reason we won't be buying another Renault Trafic based Van.

Tudor
tudedude
tudedude

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Parts for Renault Trafic circa 1998 Empty Re: Parts for Renault Trafic circa 1998

Post by boxerman Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:23 am

tudedude wrote:We have just scrapped our Renault Trafic and whilst we were innately fond of her - obtaining spares was like finding hens teeth
What spares could you not find? Your RCX would be around 1985? the OP is looking at a van which is 13 younger than that.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tudedude Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:22 am

boxerman wrote:
tudedude wrote:We have just scrapped our Renault Trafic and whilst we were innately fond of her - obtaining spares was like finding hens teeth
What spares could you not find? Your RCX would be around 1985? the OP is looking at a van which is 13 younger than that.

Frank
Speedo Cable, wing mirrors, Clutch Hydraulic Pipe, Front Headlights, rear light cluster, rear light lens - it was really difficult to find a radiator also Shock Absorbers, Clutch slave cylinder. (not a comprehensive list)

Hadn't noticed that the Trafic was 13 years younger than my EX (1986) but I do know several people that have stopped using Renault Trafics because of the difficulties finding spare parts.

Tudor
tudedude
tudedude

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:37 am

tudedude wrote:Speedo Cable, wing mirrors, Clutch Hydraulic Pipe, Front Headlights, rear light cluster, rear light lens - it was really difficult to find a radiator also Shock Absorbers, Clutch slave cylinder. (not a comprehensive list)
Speedo cable, agreed, thin on the ground but there are companies who will make one up for you. Front headlamps are like hen's teeth for the phase I models like your RCX. Clutch slave cylinder, this is an odd one because when I tried to buy a recon kit for mine it was dearer than a new cylinder (which were plentiful but expensive). As for the other stuff, I don't think there is any shortage on the understanding that some parts will be used.

Hadn't noticed that the Trafic was 13 years younger than my EX (1986) but I do know several people that have stopped using Renault Trafics because of the difficulties finding spare parts.
Tudor
And I know lots of people who are running them and have no intentions of parting with them.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down