The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway slide out kitchen work top problem

+4
Peter Brown
DuxDeluxe
Paulmold
raybow
8 posters

Go down

Broadway slide out kitchen work top problem Empty Broadway slide out kitchen work top problem

Post by raybow Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:12 am

Hi Lads
Has anyone had the same problem as me, with the kitchen worktop sliding out when you hit the road?
I took it back to the dealer who said they had fixed it, but of course its still the same and has to be wedged with a peg.
Not good for £50 grands worth of motorhome. I have been back onto the dealer who has spoken to Autosleeper and been told the whole sink has to come out to put it right, but are waiting to see if they will authorise the work.
 WELL I AM NOT PAYING FOR IT
scratch head
raybow
raybow

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Broadway slide out kitchen work top problem Empty Re: Broadway slide out kitchen work top problem

Post by Paulmold Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:06 am

Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Broadway slide out kitchen work top problem Empty Re: Broadway slide out kitchen work top problem

Post by DuxDeluxe Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:03 am

Mine has slid out a couple of times but this was due to it not being stowed properly. Once I had figured out that it sort of "clicks" in then no problem at all. It sounds as though the tab, or whatever it is that provides that last extra bit of resistance is not properly functioning. Should be an easy fix for the dealer, despite their earlier failure, or you could phone Mark at A/S service centre and ask him.

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:12 am

Broadway slide out kitchen work top problem PICT18812_zpse95f3b82

I would insist the dealer corrects it, a frequent fault a few years ago but not now. The webbing in the link was an after sales 'fix' as was the rotating clip I installed shown in the poor picture above.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:26 am

Thanks - as long as it is pushed fully home then it never comes out when travelling in my van which is 2010 model

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by LobbyLudd Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:28 pm

raybow wrote:Hi Lads
Has anyone had the same problem as me, with the kitchen worktop sliding out when you hit the road?
I took it back to the dealer who said they had fixed it, but of course its still the same and has to be wedged with a peg.
Not good for £50 grands worth of motorhome. I have been back onto the dealer who has spoken to Autosleeper and been told the whole sink has to come out to put it right, but are waiting to see if they will authorise the work.
 WELL I AM NOT PAYING FOR IT
scratch head

Strewth!    This was happening back in 2004 in my Neuvo (the fridge had to come out to apparently to  fix it !!)  How long does it take for such an otherwise  respected company to identify such a basic thing.       The same problem came back again within a month when cornering and we have since then just had to accept now that  that the 2 neatly trimmed back grey rubber door wedges stuffed in under the worktop edge  have become  a 'standard spec' in our van to keep it firmly in place (just got fed up banging on about this to both the appointed dealer and also the A/S Willersley people at that time.
Thought they would have had enough time to have sorted it by now)scratch head

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Neuvo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:33 pm

Oh they have got it sorted - I can hardly get the one in my 2011 van out when I want it, it certainly won't come out on its own.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:31 pm

It is OK on our 2012 Lancashire - quite a firm catch.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Peterm Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:59 am

I have solved two problems in one. The work top slides out plus a cold draught blows through. I have cut up a foam swimming float and fitted it in. The friction stops the slide and the draught is pretty much blocked.
Peterm
Peterm
Peterm
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:12 pm

I don't seem to have any problems with the work top sliding out on my new Broadway FB. It slides in and out with a fair bit of resistance.
I just wish MH builders would put non slide bases to all their cupboards!
Allan

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:31 pm

Peterm wrote:I have solved two problems in one. The work top slides out plus a cold draught blows through. I have cut up a foam swimming float and fitted it in. The friction stops the slide and the draught is pretty much blocked.
Peterm

I hope that your fridge is not brlow the pull-out, On my 2012 Lancashire the fridge vent is sealed off from the inside, as it should be, by a deflector plate. Otherwisw combustion gases can be blown into the van.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down