The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1992 Trident leaking!

3 posters

Go down

1992 Trident leaking! Empty 1992 Trident leaking!

Post by reidy0153 Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:06 pm

Hi everyone!
Our 92 trident is letting water in through the roof vent, it sort of drips through on one of the edges......im guessing it needs sealing round the edge on the outside?? failing that, i might get a new on to fit or be fitted?? Also, we have water seeping through the edge of one of the roof side window aswell! again, i guess it needs sealing outside??? Any ideas? Many thanks!!
reidy0153
reidy0153

Male

Member Age : 45
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident

Back to top Go down

1992 Trident leaking! Empty roof leak

Post by fisherman3 Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:44 pm

the roof vent is easy to dismantle and take out.the old sealer can be cleaned off and i replaced ours with silicon sealer, fastened the outer rim down and then sealed round the perimiter before refitting thetop and the sprung handles.it is a fairly easy job on steps from inside the van.cost only some time and a little sealer.good luck george.
fisherman3
fisherman3

Male

Member Age : 84
Auto-Sleeper Model : rambler

Back to top Go down

1992 Trident leaking! Empty Re: 1992 Trident leaking!

Post by peugeotboxer Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:09 am

reidy0153 wrote:Hi everyone!
Our 92 trident is letting water in through the roof vent, it sort of drips through on one of the edges......im guessing it needs sealing round the edge on the outside?? failing that, i might get a new on to fit or be fitted?? Also, we have water seeping through the edge of one of the roof side window aswell! again, i guess it needs sealing outside??? Any ideas? Many thanks!!
reidy0153

Hi reidy0153

Please take a moment to introduce yourself:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000