The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vw trident 1992-3 k plate colour code please

3 posters

Go down

vw trident 1992-3 k plate colour code please Empty vw trident 1992-3 k plate colour code please

Post by screamingflat6 Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi,

I am working hard to make my little vw trident mint again, I have a mate who does little localized paint repairs he's been here today and had a look around at my bus and says my little corrosion bubbles here and there can be repaired and made good.
I was wondering if anyone on here has the paint code for my vw t4 trident the white paint and the lovely chocolate brown stripe as well, as someone has let the seat belt chip the door shut and its rusted a 3" area and we wish to put that right while were at it.

Regards Gary allthumbz
screamingflat6
screamingflat6

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : trident

Back to top Go down

vw trident 1992-3 k plate colour code please Empty Re: vw trident 1992-3 k plate colour code please

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:28 pm

Hi Gary
The vw paint code should be listed in the service booklet for your van (Data sticker item number 3)

If not, the vehicle data sticker is stuck to the bottom of the fusebox cover in the cab, drivers side. This is a white label that you can only see if you get down on your hands and knees and look under the dash to the right hand side of the steering column.

I'm pretty sure its L 090 201, VW Grey White.

As for the brown stripe, this will have almost certainly have been painted on by A/S themselves and will not be a VW colour. If you have the A/S handbook it may give you some details in there. If not you could contact the A/S service centre, at Willersey on: 01386 853511,who may be able to advise. It could be an Austin Rover colour which A/S tend to use a fair bit.

Good luck
Regards
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

vw trident 1992-3 k plate colour code please Empty Re: vw trident 1992-3 k plate colour code please

Post by DaveyP2004 Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:39 pm

As John said the white is R902 grey white although I believe there are 3 different shades of this !
The brown stripe I believe to be Talbot Deep Mango paint code YW - you can find a list of colours Autosleepers used on the owners club page here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheers,
Dave
( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )

Auto-Sleeper Model : VW T4 Topaz LE

Back to top Go down

Post by screamingflat6 Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:13 pm

Thanks for the help...

Regards Gaz,
screamingflat6
screamingflat6

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by spook69 Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:23 pm

screamingflat6 wrote:Hi,

I am working hard to make my little vw trident mint again, I have a mate who does little localized paint repairs he's been here today and had a look around at my bus and says my little corrosion bubbles here and there can be repaired and made good.
I was wondering if anyone on here has the paint code for my vw t4 trident the white paint and the lovely chocolate brown stripe as well, as someone has let the seat belt chip the door shut and its rusted a 3" area and we wish to put that right while were at it.

Regards Gary allthumbz

Here's the colours on mine from the AS manual that came with the van.

Base vehicle: VW Grey: White Code R902

Coach Line: Honda New Dark grey. Metallic code NH 91M3

Adhesive coach stripe

¼ inch Gold Line Tape

¼ inch White / Red line tape

¼ inch blue line tape

spook69
spook69

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident (VW T4)

Back to top Go down

Post by screamingflat6 Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:05 pm

Thanks everyone the info was ace and were slowly getting the bus back in shape,

screamingflat6
screamingflat6

Male

Back to top Go down