The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New interior

2 posters

Go down

New interior Empty New interior

Post by Samsbus Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:24 pm

Hello i am new on here, i have owned my vw trooper for 4 years and i am looking for advice or ideas. My van now is 19 years old and the interior is starting to look tired and dated. So my question is has anybody retrimmed their van? and if so is it difficult to do.

cheers
Samsbus
Samsbus

Male

Member Age : 52
Auto-Sleeper Model : 1994 VW Transporter

Back to top Go down

New interior Empty Re: New interior

Post by Dutto Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:41 pm

Hi there,

Welcome from a dull Skegness; where we live in hope that it will get better! beachball

Not done a refurbish but amazed at how my good lady got the upholstery rejuvenated with "1000 and 1"! allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

New interior Empty Re: New interior

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi Samsbus
It depends how confident you are smile!
On a trooper the bench seat cushions are easy to remove and you may find the foam has seen better days. I expect you will have a draylon type material which is really hard to find these days, but so much more hardwearing than the modern fabrics used today.

The front seats are by far the hardest to do. Take care and note how the base seat material is fitted and the springs that hold things in place. confused3

It very satisfying and your fingers will hurt for a long time (especially from the front seat).

You can also have you seat retrimed professionally , but it can be expensive. It just depends how much you want to spend. Whatever you do I would recommend you chose a material that is in keeping with the era of the van.

Regards
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down