The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2003 Symbol Hab/Vehicle battery switch query

2 posters

Go down

2003 Symbol Hab/Vehicle battery switch query Empty 2003 Symbol Hab/Vehicle battery switch query

Post by valleyforge Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:57 am

A brief query, parked up, watching telly with the battery supply switch to 'Hab' it seems to drain both Hab & vehicle batteries according to the battery condition meter set in the switch block above the back door.
Now, telly went off after an hour with low voltage, but the engine starts ok so I think the Hab battery is jiggered (age unknown). 
But surely when set to 'Hab' the engine battery condition should be untouched ?

(Background - SWMBO went off for a winter fell walk, I parked up by the beach + stormy sea & watched 'Das Boot' Ace eh !)

Comments appreciated
T.
valleyforge
valleyforge

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

2003 Symbol Hab/Vehicle battery switch query Empty Re: 2003 Symbol Hab/Vehicle battery switch query

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:02 pm

It has been 18 months since I sold my 2002 Symbol but I can remember how it works.
As supplied as standard by AS, the habittation electrics are powered by (and drain) the hab battery only, regardless of the switch position.
The switch governs which battery the mains charger will charge, and not which battery is drawn from.

HTH D.
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

2003 Symbol Hab/Vehicle battery switch query Empty Re: 2003 Symbol Hab/Vehicle battery switch query

Post by valleyforge Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:24 am

Thanks, that makes sense, I'll inspect the hab battery & replace as necessary.
(Just making sure the vehicle battery doesn't drain when watching telly etc. when in the wilds)
valleyforge
valleyforge

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down