The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaslow fitting lincolnshire

4 posters

Go down

Gaslow fitting lincolnshire Empty Gaslow fitting lincolnshire

Post by gj1023 Fri May 24, 2013 11:26 am

I am going up to Lincolnshire next week and wondered if anyone has any recommendations of people who could fit a Gaslow system to my Symbol. Need a filler point fitted on the side and bottle plumbed in

Thanks Gary
gj1023
gj1023

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Gaslow fitting lincolnshire Empty Re: Gaslow fitting lincolnshire

Post by matchlessman Wed May 29, 2013 12:46 pm

I did it myself. Very easy. I would expect any caravan / motorhome service place could do it for you. The plumbing consists mainly of screwing hoses onto bottles (no different to when you change a cylinder) and connecting to your regulator.

I put my filler point just inside the hatch to the gas cupboard.
matchlessman
matchlessman

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex owner - Symbol ES
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by orian Thu May 30, 2013 9:16 pm

I also fitted Gaslow myself in the locker. I asked my local motorhome workshop who were concerned about the location of structural supports when fitting a filler in the bodywork. i think they were busy and looking for an excuse to say no. Fitting the filler in the locker makes it easier to transfer if you sell the van.

I did have the workshop certify the installation using their test equipment.

I had problems with some filler guns that had rubber protectors on the nozzle fouling the locker door. I bought an extender from gaslow and that solved the problem.

Most garages in France (my usual summer holiday destination) have a simple push on and twist nozzle that is easy to use.

I am told Spain does not have many Autogas stations.

I suggest you enter Gaslow into search and you will find most issues are discussed.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengah74 Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:26 pm

May have a problem in France with gas charging point inside the bottle compartment. We were advised to have it mounted on the outside, which we did, just as well, as some of the garages providing LPG came out to check before allowing gas to be taken on. I have to say however, I have not seen any where the regulation stating where it should be mounted.
Tengah74

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex duo

Back to top Go down