The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1996 Harmony taps

+2
vwt4
Gran
6 posters

Go down

1996 Harmony taps Empty 1996 Harmony taps

Post by Gran Tue May 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Have people coming to fit new taps very soon but so far have none for them to fit! AS could not get them in time and I am afraid of ordering the wrong ones on line. They are the original ones(Comet?) with2 crystal plastic knobs and the fold down tap between them. I think the fittings at the back are a push-on type and that is where they are leaking from. Does anyone know where I can get some ? There are similar looking ones on O'Leary's site but I am not sure if they'd fit the holes in the side of the sink. Thanks for any help about this. Gran think_smiley_46
Gran
Gran

Female

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : Talent
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

1996 Harmony taps Empty Re: 1996 Harmony taps

Post by vwt4 Tue May 14, 2013 4:13 pm

Hi not sure if it is taps or fittings you need but I contacted the company in Germany at this email address [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] they may be able to help, I do know they supply the connectors
mike
vwt4

vwt4
vwt4

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue May 14, 2013 5:12 pm

Aren't these the ones, they are fitted in my 97 Symphony?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Gran Tue May 14, 2013 6:53 pm

Wow! This is amazing! Was feeling at a total loss when I posted my request for help only a few hours ago, and now, thanks to you,Paul Mold, I have actually been able to order those taps, which would appear to be identical to the old ones. Of course, there is still the fitting.... Huge thanks. What a great Forum. look here
Gran
Gran

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue May 14, 2013 7:40 pm

Glad that my mispent hours on the internet come in useful.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper22 Sat May 18, 2013 8:36 pm

Paulmold wrote:Aren't these the ones, they are fitted in my 97 Symphony?

how have you got that sort in a 97 van when mine in a 99 are these (minus the clear tap bit mine are metal) all my taps are the same, kitchen sink, bathroom sink and shower

EDIT: And i mean why do you seem to have newer style taps in an older van lol
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Member Age : 45
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Sat May 18, 2013 9:16 pm

Mine are like Paul's and my van is a '95.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper22 Sat May 18, 2013 9:26 pm

boxerman wrote:Mine are like Paul's and my van is a '95.

Frank

I assumed that as mine looked almost 30's 40's style wise that they were an older style scratch head seems odd they would change from modern looking plastic ones to an old fashioned looking chrome. the only other thing could be if the older vans used micro switches and the newer ones were pressurised systems. its nice that we all have different fittings tho wouldn't do for us all to be the same hugegrins
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Sat May 18, 2013 9:30 pm

Harper22 wrote: the only other thing could be if the older vans used micro switches and the newer ones were pressurised systems. its nice that we all have different fittings tho wouldn't do for us all to be the same hugegrins

There are microswitches in them but they aren't used. Yours must be posh "retro" ones biggrin

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Sat May 18, 2013 10:34 pm

Mine are the same as yours Harper22

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper22 Sun May 19, 2013 10:07 am

boxerman wrote:
Harper22 wrote: the only other thing could be if the older vans used micro switches and the newer ones were pressurised systems. its nice that we all have different fittings tho wouldn't do for us all to be the same hugegrins

There are microswitches in them but they aren't used. Yours must be posh "retro" ones biggrin

Frank

Oooh I don't think I have ever been posh or retro before, I know they are a * Inappropriate Word * to turn on and off hugegrins I did do a little mod to the shower which I can't remember if i saw on here or on a fact sheet but i took the shower hose off and fitted a small inline ball valve tap (similar to a washing machine isolation taps) so that once the temp is balanced i just have a small 1/4 turn tap for the on and off instead of faffing with opening and closing taps every time
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun May 19, 2013 10:43 am

Harper22 wrote:
boxerman wrote:

Frank

Oooh I don't think I have ever been posh or retro before, I know they are a * Inappropriate Word * to turn on and off hugegrins I did do a little mod to the shower which I can't remember if i saw on here or on a fact sheet but i took the shower hose off and fitted a small inline ball valve tap (similar to a washing machine isolation taps) so that once the temp is balanced i just have a small 1/4 turn tap for the on and off instead of faffing with opening and closing taps every time

Do you not have a trigger on your shower head, so that once you have the right temp the taps can stay at their setting and the trigger act as a tap?
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper22 Sun May 19, 2013 12:22 pm

Paulmold wrote:
Harper22 wrote:
boxerman wrote:

Frank

Do you not have a trigger on your shower head, so that once you have the right temp the taps can stay at their setting and the trigger act as a tap?

ahhh well heres the bind, first off yes i HAD one of them and even tho i drained the system down it would appear that there was still some water in the handset and so consequently when i came to first pressurise the system this year the head had a massive split down the length which soaked me and most of the compartment (you can stop laughing now hugegrins ) but the main issue with the trigger one was that it didn't have an ON function so you couldn't stand under the shower and have the shower head on the wall with both hands free as needed to hold the trigger on. I now have a poundland special shower head for the time being (although it gets through the water faster) and can switch the shower on and off at waist height and don't need to hold the shower head now look here

EDIT apologies for going off topic slightly snigger
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun May 19, 2013 12:32 pm

Harper22 wrote:

ahhh well heres the bind, first off yes i HAD one of them and even tho i drained the system down it would appear that there was still some water in the handset and so consequently when i came to first pressurise the system this year the head had a massive split down the length

EDIT apologies for going off topic slightly snigger

One thing I always do at drain-down is remove the shower head for exactly that reason. We do find the trigger head helps conserve water - wet, release trigger , lather, release trigger, rinse, release trigger, job done.

Apologies also for keeping off topic.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Sun May 19, 2013 12:34 pm

Harper22 wrote: but the main issue with the trigger one was that it didn't have an ON function so you couldn't stand under the shower and have the shower head on the wall with both hands free as needed to hold the trigger on.
The idea of the trigger is that it is a water saving feature. Unlike at home where you have an unlimited supply of water, in a camper you have only what is in the tank.
The procedure is to wet the bits you want to wash.
Soap up.
Rinse off.
Done.
You're not supposed to stand under it with the shower going all the time.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper22 Sun May 19, 2013 12:47 pm

boxerman wrote:
Harper22 wrote: but the main issue with the trigger one was that it didn't have an ON function so you couldn't stand under the shower and have the shower head on the wall with both hands free as needed to hold the trigger on.
The idea of the trigger is that it is a water saving feature. Unlike at home where you have an unlimited supply of water, in a camper you have only what is in the tank.
The procedure is to wet the bits you want to wash.
Soap up.
Rinse off.
Done.
You're not supposed to stand under it with the shower going all the time.

Frank

In all fairness it generally only gets used for holding me head over the bathroom sink to rinse the previous nights hairspray n hair clay out so i don't end up doing the troll across to the toilet block looking like i spent the night with my finger in a 240v socket as i don't want to scare other folks on site hugegrins but it is handy to be able to jump in n have a quick 5 min shower if needed especially if the site facilities are either nonexistent or a little on the manky side (i'm not precious but i can not bear stepping into a wet dirty shower cubicle) and many sites have worse water pressure than the van does lol
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Back to top Go down

1996 Harmony taps Empty Harmony again!

Post by Gran Fri May 24, 2013 5:20 pm

Hi, everyone,
Just want to say that thanks to this forum and especially to Paul for identifying the right taps needed, we now have them fixed and working. We used two chaps from the Approved Workshops list as we aren't competent to do the job ourselves. They were great, and worked mainly outside in the most awful wet cold weather to fix not only the taps but the waterheater too. Medals earned all round! Gratefully yours, Gran content
Gran
Gran

Female

Back to top Go down