The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symbol water leak

2 posters

Go down

Symbol water leak Empty Symbol water leak

Post by Guest Sun May 12, 2013 8:49 pm

I have been away 3 times in my 2001 Symbol purchased in August 2012. Two of these occasions I have experienced drastic water leaks from the aforementioned pipework. The first, reported earlier I believe, was cold pipe actually fallen off. Replaced hoseclip. This time, hot water pipe, same location, not fallen off but leaking. Hopefully fixed, but I feel temporary. Is it advisable to replace these offending pipes. Having to take the back panel off whilst on holiday is not my idea of fun.

Just enjoying a beautiful sunset after a very rainy day.

Weedaf
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Symbol water leak Empty dangly bits

Post by woodlice Tue May 14, 2013 4:19 pm

Hi
I have a 2002 and the pipes were just dangling straight down with the weight of the pipes on the push fit connectors. I had a leak from the cold pipe/joint and I pushed it back up 1/4 of an inch which cured it. I then screwed two cable ties to the wood panel that backs onto the bathroom and used these to support each pipe to stop it swaying and pulling down. So far so good.
woodlice
woodlice

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warick xl
Vehicle Year : 17

Back to top Go down

Symbol water leak Empty Re: Symbol water leak

Post by Guest Wed May 15, 2013 10:41 am

Thanks, I will look at supporting idea. All my pipes have hose clips and the offending one was slack. Movement of vehicle or that late frost?. I was using it in the late frost so the likelyhood of it freezing the hot water pipe I would think minimal?
I will be monitoring the issue. Meanwhile I am enjoying my holiday. allthumbz
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying High Thu May 16, 2013 12:01 am

Hi Weedaf,
when you have another look at those pipes you could modify the rear panel and use the space. I have and I keep the van jack, electric leads and various other items behind the toilet panel.
Also because I use it all the time, if any leaks start I notice them straight away. allthumbz

Best regards, Mike courtesy

Flying High
Flying High

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex BB?
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2013 1:33 pm

Thanks Mike, but I have the space utilised with a cupboard for some of the things that don't have a home. Spare loo rolls, they got wet and very soggy so had to be thrown, water pump, etc. Very handy feature, that is how I descovered the leak.
It must be a drawback is all I can assume rather than the pipes deteriorating.
Weedaf
Anonymous

Back to top Go down