The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leak on Fresh Water Tank/ SYMBOL

4 posters

Go down

Leak on Fresh Water Tank/ SYMBOL Empty Leak on Fresh Water Tank/ SYMBOL

Post by Maureen57 Fri May 30, 2014 7:06 pm

Please can anyone help to identify the problem.  scratch head   Just succesfully filled up Fresh Water tank after 'Wintering'.  Have added sterilizing solution to pump through pipes to disinfect (will flush later).

When I turned on the pump to get water succesfully through to all taps, I heard water leaking from under the Van - after checking the location - found water leaking from the large black (2" ish) ribbed pipe that comes out of the fresh water tank to supply something. Sorry Lady on her own with no technical experience.  When I turn the pump off - the leak stops.  confused3  Can anyone send me in the right direction to what to do next or who needs to fix it.  Thankyou for your help.    (the yellow switch in the water heater compartment HAS been moved back to the horizontal position after wintering).
Maureen57
Maureen57

Female

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Autosleeper NUEVO ES
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Leak on Fresh Water Tank/ SYMBOL Empty Re: Leak on Fresh Water Tank/ SYMBOL

Post by -mojo- Fri May 30, 2014 10:13 pm

Hmmm... Well the 2" ribbed pipe is usually the ~inlet~ pipe, that connects from the filling point to the tank. It's hard to see why that should only leak while you have the pump on! Though I guess it might have been coincidence that you happened to turn off the pump just when the water level dropped below where the inlet pipe is leaking?

TBH these types of leak can be very hard to track down - water may be dripping off a pipe, but the point of origin could be something completely different, and it's just that the water is dripping onto that pipe higher up.

Possibly a good starting point would be to expose the pump itself and check that when it's running you aren't getting any leaks from the connectors or the filter assembly - which can sometimes crack during winter storage.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Stewart John Fri May 30, 2014 11:52 pm

Hi

Last year when I shut the Yellow Valve to the off position it was leaking underneath running down the fresh water tank. The Yellow Valve has two closed positions which can be used to shut the draining down pipe. In my case the lever was fouling a water pipe and did'nt go all the way to close position. So changed to other way ok then. Hope that helps.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz 2.0 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by pjkxpjkx Sat May 31, 2014 12:14 am

I just replied to this but it seems to have disappeared somewhere so here is a short version:
The Truma Frost Control valve is open.
Find the Frost Control unit.
Make sure the Rotary Switch is in the Operation postion in line with the water pipes.
Press the Drain Valve push button IN. Click.
Pete
pjkxpjkx
pjkxpjkx

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Leak on Fresh Water Tank/ SYMBOL Empty Leak on Fresh Water Tank/ SYMBOL FOUND!!!!!!

Post by Maureen57 Sat May 31, 2014 10:56 am

allthumbz   THANK YOU  THANKYOU  to all of you who have helped me find the problem.   This is my first winter and so drained down the water heater AND EVERYTHING ELSE. (and now have to reverse the process). 
Firstly mojo - yes it was another pipe above that was dripping down onto the black ribbed pipe.  I laid down and crawled right under the van with my toch so I could see it was the heater drainage pipe where the water was coming from.  Then Stewart said the yellow flick switch can be a little vunerable with its position  AND THAT's the one that did the trick.  I tried it on the opposite side and wow!!  As it's the first time doing all this, I took for granted that it would all go straight forward.  Now that my first winter is over - I'll know for next time.  I have said it before and I'll say it again.  THIS FORUM IS GREAT for others help.  THANKYOU EVERONE.  I'm off to the Cotswolds on Monday with no worries.
Maureen57
Maureen57

Female

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Autosleeper NUEVO ES
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down