The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T4 TROOPER FIAMMA ROLL OUT AWNING

4 posters

Go down

T4 TROOPER FIAMMA ROLL OUT AWNING Empty T4 TROOPER FIAMMA ROLL OUT AWNING

Post by bri Fri May 03, 2013 10:15 pm

Hi everyone!
Am thinking of fitting a fiamma roll out awning to my t4 trooper.Autosleeper say the brackets are available for this model and i wonder if any one has fitted one before?
Any advise gratefully received......
Bri.
bri
bri

Auto-Sleeper Model : trooper

Back to top Go down

T4 TROOPER FIAMMA ROLL OUT AWNING Empty Re: T4 TROOPER FIAMMA ROLL OUT AWNING

Post by johnnybee Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:56 pm

bri wrote:Hi everyone!
               Am thinking of fitting a fiamma roll out awning to my t4 trooper.Autosleeper say the brackets are available for this model and i wonder if any one has fitted one before?
               Any advise gratefully received......
                Bri.
Hi did you have any luck installing to your trooper?

Male

Member Age : 43
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by JULESVT Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:21 am

Hi, I'm interested too, looked online at all the brackets but not sure which one will fit the black plastic rail

Trying to decide on whether to use a drive-away awning or a roll-out - ideally I want both but budgets and all that!

J
JULESVT
JULESVT

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by bri Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:37 am

Hi ....Yes I fitted a fiamma roll out awning with the autosleeper brackets! I use a vango inflatable awning connected to it.....works very well.
The brackets come grey primed ...you must ask for the fitting instructions as they did,nt come with the brackets!
You bond the brackets to the elevating roof with sikaflex, then bond small blocks under the black plastic rail to screw the lower fixings to.
It is pretty self explanatory once you have the brackets to look at!!
It is best to drill through the fiamma brackets and bolt to the autosleeper ones before bonding the complete assemblies to the roof. I painted the brackets body colour before fitting just to make them blend in properly.
Hope this helps,
Best wishes.....Bri.
bri
bri

Auto-Sleeper Model : trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnybee Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:00 am

My T4 trooper doesn't have the black plastic sections around the edge like most models. (will post pics weekend.) maybe because have a Reimo pop-top roof instead of the normal one?  I only have an aluminium rail to the passengers side for a slide-in awning.  I have seen that fiamma do adapters that attach to these.  Has anyone tried these?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Male

Member Age : 43
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW trooper

Back to top Go down

T4 TROOPER FIAMMA ROLL OUT AWNING Empty Fiamma Awning Fitting to VW Trooper

Post by Scooters dog Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:37 pm

bri wrote:Hi ....Yes I fitted a fiamma roll out awning with the autosleeper brackets!   I use a vango inflatable awning connected to it.....works very well.
    The brackets come grey primed ...you must ask for the fitting instructions as they did,nt come with the brackets!
You bond the brackets to the elevating roof with sikaflex, then bond small blocks under the black plastic rail to screw the lower fixings to.
     It is pretty self explanatory once you have the brackets to look at!!
It is best to drill through the fiamma brackets and bolt to the autosleeper ones before bonding the complete assemblies to the roof.  I painted the brackets body colour before fitting just to make them blend in properly.
     Hope this helps,
      Best wishes.....Bri.
Bri Hi,

seen your post here and wondered if you had any photo's of your fiamma install, I am getting conflicting instructions on fitting.

I have the brackets, but as you say no instructions, I have offered them up as I feel they should be fitted and as conversation with AS, but should there be spacers that sit behind them?

Or if any can shed some light on how to fit the Fiamma Awning to a VW T4 Trooper, I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Chris
Scooters dog
Scooters dog

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 1991

Back to top Go down