The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cello Freeview TV/DVD 15"

+5
CC
DuxDeluxe
brodco
Chubbs
Tommy-Darcy
9 posters

Go down

Cello Freeview TV/DVD 15" Empty Cello Freeview TV/DVD 15"

Post by Tommy-Darcy Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:38 pm

Bought one of these for our trip.

Picture quality is outstanding, only disappointment is the sound volume.

Full volume is only just loud enough to hear over the fan heater in our van. Have purchased a phono to phono lead to put into the headphone socket on the telly into the aux input on our Pioneer stereo in the van dash. This improves things greatly, it is just a shame one has to go to this trouble to be able to hear the telly ! confused3

Still, only really bought the telly to watch "Countryfile" to see what the weather has install for the coming week so no big deal up!

Spec is 240v plus 12v which was the important bit for us for when not on hook up. Built in DVD player is a bonus really, may come in handy when the weather is unkind to us ! rolleyes

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Cello Freeview TV/DVD 15" Empty Re: Cello Freeview TV/DVD 15"

Post by Chubbs Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:11 am

Not heard about your volume problem on the Cello TV sets before, are you sure it's not faulty? Shame as it would be enough to put me off buying one. Any others got a Cello TV with this sound problem?

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by brodco Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:45 pm

Hi wave

Tommy-Darcy wrote: Picture quality is outstanding, only disappointment is the sound volume.

I don’t know if the Cello is any worse than normal but I’ve always found the sound on these little tellies naff. The same applies when trying to watch TV on a laptop or tablet.
I use one of these little beasties: up!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LUPO-Channel-Transmitter-iPhones-Players/dp/B000S0XBE4/ref=tag_stp_s2_edpp_url

You can then listen on any FM radio or the van radio and it saves running wires all over the place. OK sometimes you have to fiddle a bit to find a blank channel but there’s usually space at the to or bottom of the band (i.e. 87MHz(ish) or 108MHz(ish).

Brod

brodco
brodco
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:49 pm

So before I infuriate SWMBO with another purchase, I buy one of these little beasties, just connect to the headphone socket on the TV, then pick up the signal on our FM radio and play through that at an acceptable volume thus preventing van battery drainage? twiddle_thumbs

I should have posted this thread before ordering a longer "jack to jack" lead to run from the telly to the in dash stereo think_smiley_46

Didn't know such a device existed tap_fingers

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by brodco Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi wave

Tommy-Darcy wrote:I buy one of these little beasties, just connect to the headphone socket on the TV, then pick up the signal on our FM radio and play through that at an acceptable volume thus preventing van battery drainage? twiddle_thumbs
Yep up!

Mine works best with the TV (or laptop) volume reasonably high. If the TV volume's turned down you have to turn the radio up and that tends to lead to hissing and buzzing. You just need to be a bit careful that you get the right type, there's a version for iPods that has only the iPod connector and not the jack.
I'm more than happy with mine anyway. happyyes

Brod.
brodco
brodco
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:25 pm

Cheer Brod up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Sat May 04, 2013 10:32 am

After a few weeks out on tour we have become accustomed to the volume and to be honest anything much louder would be heard by our fellow campers, so not a big deal now smile!

I must say that my aerial set up has not failed us once. In fact the owner of Great Rissington C&CC cs site was very imprest that we had most channels as he has had moans from folks with all singing all dancing sat systems which have been unable to pick anything up. rolleyes

Also as I have fastened the extending poles to the bike rack, with the aerial constantly fixed to the top pole it takes seconds to put up, and provided I have taken note of aerial direction on houses on the approach to camp sites we rarely have to retune the telly. allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Sat May 04, 2013 7:57 pm

My Avtex TV is a bit quiet as well, but not really a major issue.......

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue May 07, 2013 5:02 pm

What are the Avtex TV sets like for glare?
I noticed quite a few at the P'boro show and they all had high gloss screens which are a daft idea in a motorhome surrounded by windows rolleyes
do they have a model with a matt screen?

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Tue May 07, 2013 9:39 pm

I've got an older one W153D - Matt screen. Cheers

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonyd Sun May 12, 2013 10:58 am

Hi I fitted one of these cello sets about a year ago, purchased it online from TV Village who I think are a major importer and are very knowledgeable, in fact I had a problem with the set up and the guy there whom I deduced, is a bit of a boffin promptly sent me a software up date which cured the problem.They were just so helpful so it might be worth giving them a call if only for opinion Incidently after years of neglecting my hearing I do suffer from a degree of hearing loss but have not encountered a volume problem on these tvs.my wife calls it "selective hearing"
I use a road pro satellite dome for reception, expensive but no hassle setting up but has let me down on the odd occasion. Have learned to try tv before pitching up, thats if you got a choice! wave
Tonyd
Tonyd

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Sun May 12, 2013 8:36 pm

Thanks for this. I have already e-mailed TV Village (from whom I purchased mine) and never got a reply................. just decided they didn't give a flying fig once they had received my payment.................... confused3

I am loosing faith in large companies/importers Once they have your money that is it.................they don't want to know think_smiley_46

Luckily we have acclimatised ourselves to the volume, though when it rains heavily we do struggle to hear it. At that point we either turn it off or plug a jack lead into the headphone socket out and into the cd/radio in the dash and listen to it through 4 speakers up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonyd Sun May 12, 2013 9:41 pm

Hi. My volume is adequate but sound quality is not that great.Routing to external speakers seems the best option. Sorry to hear of your experience of tv village though as it dont take long for the word to get around and punters go elsewhere.Pity John Lewis dont do much of our stuff!! Now thats a company that delivers. Rant over wave
Tonyd
Tonyd

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by brodco Mon May 13, 2013 10:34 am

Hi wave

Tonyd wrote:Hi I fitted one of these cello sets about a year ago, purchased it online from TV Village who I think are a major importer
Humm winks I’ve heard of the north south divide but I wasn’t aware that shipping from County Durham counted as importing nowadays! hugegrins

I think the sound will probably turn out to be normal i.e. small TV = small speakers = less than inspiring sound but if you’re not happy why not try talking to Cello themselves.

http://www.celloelectronics.com/static_pages/page/contact-us

Brod.
brodco
brodco
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Mon May 13, 2013 6:25 pm

Go along with you on that Brod, the speakers being at the back of the telly mean that it is louder, almost too loud while SHMBO is cooking in the kitchen and I am struggling to hear it from the captain chair tap_fingers

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy R Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:11 pm

I have a 16 inch Cello TV (screen measures 15 ins but says 16 ins on box) and I am not experiencing any of the sound problems you are describing. It is a big improvement on our old MEOS one, it is actually a bit too loud sometimes! It is quieter when it is set on surround sound, have you messed about with the sound menu to see if you can improve things? I have sound mode on standard, balance 0, auto volume on, surround sound off, and bass and treble on 50% and it is fine. We generally have the sound level between 15 and 20 and it goes up to 100, and I am partially deaf in one ear. Maybe the 16 inch is different? We bought ours from ACDC TV and they were very helpful - we had a small problem with the 12v lead and they sent us a new one immediately. Good luck,
Andy
Andy R
Andy R
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Medallion
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:32 pm

Hi,

Have just set the sound settings to your recommendations and it may have made a slight difference.

I think the main problem is that the speakers are on the back which means all the sound is directed away from us.

That said, as we have been on the road now since the 24th of March we have become accustomed to it and it only really causes a problem if it is pouring with rain on Tommy's roof.

Many thanks for sharing your experiences up! 

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:53 pm

I have bought the 16" Avtex one for my motor home, it is brilliant picture and sound, do not need it up on too high, shiny screen is not a problem, My husband had already bought the 22" for the caravan, weeks ago, he is very impressed, picture is superb, as he has a hearing problem the other makes where not suitable, sound was horrible, so that is why I went for the same make, highly recommended and with a 5 year guarantee.
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Cello Freeview TV/DVD 15" Empty Bose sound link

Post by paul&jo Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:23 pm

Hi we have a cello same problem, so we bought a bose sound link II which is wireless and syncs with iPhones it also has a phono input which we connect from the tv earphone output and the sound is amazing!

Because it's portable you can take anywhere it has about 12-15 hrs battery life but in the mh use the mains adaptor which also recharges it at the same time.

Top notch.
Shop around on amazon you can get one for £200 new!

Don't bother with cheaper brands they are cheap!
paul&jo
paul&jo

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sigma EL

Back to top Go down