The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sun shade for harmony auto sleeper

5 posters

Go down

sun shade for harmony auto sleeper Empty sun shade for harmony auto sleeper

Post by chicman Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:49 pm

We have just purchased a second hand Peugeot auto sleeper harmony and we are interested in adding a wind out side canopy for use as a sun shade that is fixed permanently to the camper van. Can anyone give me any info on make, price, can they be fitted easy or is it necessary to have it fitted by an expert or anything else that might help this novice in my new world of camping cars.
many thanks
chicman
chicman
chicman

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

sun shade for harmony auto sleeper Empty Re: sun shade for harmony auto sleeper

Post by CC Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:38 pm

Do you mean something like a Fiamma F45 awning? If so then yes these are fairly straightforward to fit, usually just two aluminium brackets hung off the side of the van, and the awning is supported by the brackets.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardy Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:01 am

I have a Harmony with a Fiamma wind out awning. Fiamma do not make the very small length any more that is on my van (F35 pro). Just dug through the snow and there is about another 18" of van left at the side rear, so a bigger one would fit. However, I wonder if the longer one may have been too heavy, or fixing at rear side would foul some internal component of van.

Mine was an absolute pain, as it did not have any rail inset to attach a drive away or porch type awning (the groove that you can slide a fitting tape through like on a caravan). The new awnings have this.

So the fitters I use screwed and stuck a rail along the metal awning lid cover, without harming the awning inside. The awning rail is still a bit short for the drive away's gusset - so some fabric hangs either side but this is a small problem.

So if I was getting one now, I would avoid sourcing second hand at that size as it has no rail but would if it is possible to fit, go for longer Fiamma.

- I never used the thing until 3 years after getting this old van. When I lifted the awning lid, it was full of foul muddy water and the awning was completely green and filthy.

We washed out the whole casing and the awning on a sunny day with water and blue fairy liquid with no hopes of success. The darned thing came up sparkling and as perfect as a new one - so full marks to Fiamma!!!

Vardy
Vardy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:58 pm

I can't see why a Fiamma F45 would not fit, though you may need to move one or more of the brackets further out.

Although my F45 is on a Transit, it looks to be about the same roof size as a Harmony.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by chicman Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:01 pm

many thanks for all the info , hope the snow has cleared now and you can see your van !
chicman
chicman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:40 pm

-mojo- wrote:I can't see why a Fiamma F45 would not fit, though you may need to move one or more of the brackets further out.

Although my F45 is on a Transit, it looks to be about the same roof size as a Harmony.

I've got a F45 on mine.

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by chicman Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:33 pm

HI PB

Did you have the F45 fitted by a dealer or did you fit it yourself, if so can it be easily done by an average D I Yer

Cheers
chicman
chicman
chicman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:56 pm

chicman wrote:HI PB

Did you have the F45 fitted by a dealer or did you fit it yourself, if so can it be easily done by an average D I Yer

Cheers
chicman

We had it fitted by the dealer when we bought the van so I can't comment on how easy it would be.
Reading other posts in the past, it would appear that there are certain places where the fixings go.(ie. strengthened sections on the roof)

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down