The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver Screens

+3
mikejack
deckie
Dave 418
7 posters

Go down

Silver Screens Empty Silver Screens

Post by Dave 418 Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:03 pm

scratch head I know this subject has been on the forum before but I think I have been talked into Silverscreens own product for for my front screen cover. I know people have there own opinions but what swayed me was the offer of an internal screen for the sliding door window.
I didnt realise the Duetto only has a mesh screen on that door, Autosleepers snook that one on me. Any way Silverscreens did ring me back as they said they would. Yes they are more exspensive than Taylormade but the offer of the other screen may have swayed me.
The van we hired last sumer had the stick on internal screens for the front, yes they must work ok if they are the right ones for the van and not have gaps in all the corners and fall of in the night. tap_fingers Any way any coments would be welcome. think_smiley_46
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Silver Screens Empty Re: Silver Screens

Post by deckie Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:38 pm

Hi Dave,

I can thoroughly recommend Silver-screens ...... very fast & friendly service up!

We have been away all of January (plenty of ice & snow), touring in our '97 Clubman (VW T4) using their external screens, and have not suffered any condensation at all allthumbz

Have not had any dealings with 'Taylormade' so cannot comment !!

Good luck and happy touring smile!

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Post by mikejack Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:51 pm

Another vote here for silverscreens super fast delivery placed order over the phone one morning and had my screens the very next day up! Tried taylor made twice and the first time they said they had none in for my van rang back a month later they said they had been to busy so i went with silverscreens.
mikejack
mikejack

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper Model : medallion
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Post by scovell001 Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:36 pm

Yes, another vote to Silverscreens, the guy who runs it has a motorhome sales business a well. He is nice, but a little bit 'sure of himself' very good customer service though.

Taylormade seem totally backward as if they are run by someone in their house or something, they told me that they outsource their screen manufacturer to their ladies who work from home/do it in their spare time!

So it seems that there are just 2 companies making these things & both as a side line, I'm surprised no big manufacturer has picked this up.
scovell001
scovell001

Male

Member Age : 49
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto LE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:36 pm

smile! Intresting response so far, thanks folks. I found the guy at Silverscreens very helpfull. I think I had made up my mind very early on about the suplier. As yet due to the wheather and other comitments we havn,t used the Duetto overnight. Any thoughts or coments from other owners about the side door screen that was offered. We both would prefer to use the blinds on the other windows rather than curtains even though they are fairly thick material. The people we bought the van from put blinds on the roof lights as part of the sale . The only curtains we would use would be the back doors. We have a holiday some were warm beachball this month then we will be on our way at the first chance we get. cold After a couple of very cold holidays in tents and trailer tents we look foward to blown air heating and living above sogy wet grass. I am to old too sleep on the floor sober. drinksallround
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:42 pm

The silver screens always look well made and fit well from what I've seen, my only gripe is they have no online ordering which seems really old fashioned when this is how most of us buy stuff these days shrugg it was for this reason we ordered a set of covers from Taylormade instead, shame really.

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by scovell001 Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:47 pm

Yes, being a 'youg'n' I have very quickly learn't that as far as campervaning goes, its old school quality customer service all the way.

None of this computer piffle!
scovell001
scovell001

Male

Member Age : 49
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto LE

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:21 am

We have had 3 vans and have only had Silver Screens and for the last 2 Solar Screens for summer use. We have always gone over and picked them up and have had no problems.

Our bike rack cover however came from the opposition, Taylormade for the reason I thought they were a better quality material although a bit dearer - I have not regretted that decision in the last 4+ years so cant say anything wrong about their products also
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Silver Screens Empty Re-Silver screens

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:16 am

I have the longer version of Taylor mades external screen cover for my X250 Nuevo, the screens are long enough to cover the air vents on the top of the engine bonnet. up!
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down