The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver Screen for Duetto

2 posters

Go down

Silver Screen for Duetto Empty Silver Screen for Duetto

Post by HildaB Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:44 pm

Hi. We bought our Duetto this year but have not yet used the silver screen cover when we have been away. I know that the cover keeps the van free from light when sleeping and warm, but I want to know if this cover can be used on the windscreen to keep it from freezing during winter months. scratch head
HildaB
HildaB

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Silver Screen for Duetto Empty Silver screen

Post by murph Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi Hilda,
The Silver screens will help to keep the inside temprature up but will not prevent freezing, you will need some sorce of heat, but if this is unavailable drain everything inluding the water heater then open all taps and run the pump to clear most of the water from the pipes and leave washroom and kitchen taps open.

Brian2
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Silver Screen for Duetto Empty Silver Screen

Post by HildaB Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:18 pm

Thanks for that Brian. We have already done the winterising ie. draining off the water etc. We do put in a dehumidifier now and again and perhaps we will put in some kind of heater, albeing well that we are at home. allthumbz
HildaB
HildaB

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Silver Screen for Duetto Empty Silver screens

Post by murph Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:00 pm

Hi Hilda,
You dont say whether you have electric available, but if you have then a small (500 to 600watt) oil filled radiator is the safest thing to use, I would not recomend a fan heater, as if the fan breaks down, and leaves the heater working this could cause a fire.

Brian2
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down