The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sussex EB External BBQ point - where is it!

4 posters

Go down

Sussex EB External BBQ point - where is it! Empty Sussex EB External BBQ point - where is it!

Post by Archie007 Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:10 pm

Hope somebody can help with this, according to the Marquis motorhome s web site, there should be an external BBQ point, but I can't find it! Does anybody know anything about it? scratch head
Archie007
Archie007

Female

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex EB

Back to top Go down

Sussex EB External BBQ point - where is it! Empty BBQ Point

Post by boggythediver56 Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Hi there,

I had a similar issue with my Sussex when collected 12 months ago. (The BBQ point is located on the rear nearside body panel just aft of the wheel arch).
Although it existed in this position (behind a plastic flap) I found out that it hadn't been piped up !
The easy way to confirm this is to simply unscrew the access panel inside the vehicle, behind the rear nearside light cluster. put your arm in and feel at the back of the BBQ point, if theres no pipe connected to the spigot tail then it has been missed as it was in my case.
boggythediver56

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Marquis Sussex EB

Back to top Go down

Sussex EB External BBQ point - where is it! Empty Re: Sussex EB External BBQ point - where is it!

Post by Archie007 Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:30 am

boggythediver56 wrote:Hi there,

I had a similar issue with my Sussex when collected 12 months ago. (The BBQ point is located on the rear nearside body panel just aft of the wheel arch).
Although it existed in this position (behind a plastic flap) I found out that it hadn't been piped up !
The easy way to confirm this is to simply unscrew the access panel inside the vehicle, behind the rear nearside light cluster. put your arm in and feel at the back of the BBQ point, if theres no pipe connected to the spigot tail then it has been missed as it was in my case.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. On the nearside, in front of the rear wheel there are two vents for the fridge, and the protective bumper type strip. At the rear of the wheel, there's no flap, just body work and bumper. I don't think ours has got a BBQ point. I will call Marquis about it.
Archie007
Archie007

Female

Back to top Go down

Sussex EB External BBQ point - where is it! Empty Re: Sussex EB External BBQ point - where is it!

Post by boggythediver56 Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:13 pm

It seems it has been missed at the factory as you've got nothing on the outside of the vehicle. One is definitely illustrated in the 2012 literature and the Sussex EB is the Marquis replica of the A/S Kemerton which definitely has a BBQ point. I thought their QA would now be tighter re this item.

We had plenty of other isssues after taking delivery of our Sussex. Most have been sorted but we had to return the van to A/S for 2 weeks for rectification.

Any further queries/problems let me know and I'll be willing to help. Incidently it is worth attending the AGM rally at Newark in April as A/S team hold an open forum. The whole event is well worth the effort and very enjoyable. Unfortunately we are away on holiday so we'll miss it. Last year was our first time and it was memorable
boggythediver56

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Marquis Sussex EB

Back to top Go down

Post by mccormw Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:04 pm

In our Sussex duo it is also at the rear on the near-side, you might just see it in my avatar - just at the end of the decal you can see a rectangular shape and that is it. Ours is plumbed in and there is an on/off tap just behind the toilet - which is I believe, just above the LPG tank. Remember on the Sussex (and Warwick) the toilet/share unit is on the near-side of the van.

When we got our van the internal gas tap I mentioned above, was actually turned on, so any idiot could come along and turn the external tap on. FRIGHTENING. There is no mention of this in the AS manual at all. Hope I explained that well!?!
mccormw
mccormw

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex duo

Back to top Go down

Sussex EB External BBQ point - where is it! Empty BBQ Point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by steles Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:30 pm

No BBQ Point on our Kererton although mentioned in handbook
AS State not everything in book is correct. Just as well as it would probably leak if the standard of the rest of build is anything to go by. If only they were built by Mark and the guys in service.
Steles
steles
steles

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton

Back to top Go down

Sussex EB External BBQ point - where is it! Empty Gas point

Post by Archie007 Fri May 17, 2013 10:01 am

Just by way of an update, There was no gas point on our Sussex, so we engaged the services of Yorkshire Coast Caravans at Carnaby near Bridlington. They have fitted one for £150 inclusive and they have done a fantastic job. We bought a Cadac Safari Chef BBQ and it all works very well. Very pleased with the results. A big thanks to all who contributed here.
Archie007
Archie007

Female

Back to top Go down