The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rattle on trooper sliding door blind

Go down

Rattle on trooper sliding door blind Empty Rattle on trooper sliding door blind

Post by seahorse Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:05 pm

Since I got the van 18 months ago there has been an annoying rattle coming from the side door blind . I have striped it down twice with no joy . At a VW meet last year I found a second hand blind unit unit and fitted it just before christmas , looking forward to a rattle free door me and the missus decided to go for a ride to Blackpool only to find the rattle still there
Well I was ready to accept a rattling blind as a small price to pay for a van that I love . I was looking through the T4 Forum and came across a thread about T4 side door rattles and what was suggested was to check the side door locating pin housing on the van door side and if there is any wear at all to use a flat bladed screw driver push the housing in and rotate it 90 degrees to put the worn section to the top
I thought "no way" but I will give it a go , checked the bushes found a fair amount of wear on the top housing I rotated both housing bushes 90 degrees clockwise got in the van and drove down the road in rattle free silence
Just goes to show a bit of good advice and a flat bladed screwdriver solves a problem in thirty seconds that has had me scratching my head for 18 months.
I bought two new bushes from a vw dealer for £17 plus vat although I think that the originals would have lasted a few thousand miles more
Hope this thread helps someone with a T4 rattle on the side door
Albert
seahorse
seahorse

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : trooper

Back to top Go down