The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symphony vs Topaz for living space ....

3 posters

Go down

Symphony vs Topaz for living space .... Empty Symphony vs Topaz for living space ....

Post by Minniesmum Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:42 pm

Have recently seen a few AS Topaz vans about- similar vintage to mine-'97 ish. Externally a very similar look a bout them. From internet pics the seating arrangement is the same. Obviously no rear Hab door in the Topaz but other than that they seem similar. So far I've not managed to have a look inside an older Topaz. Can anyone who has seen inside both, tell me how they compare regards living/floor space ? Not actual van dimensions as I think the Boxer van is wider and longer. Just curious to know how they compare.

Female

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony

Back to top Go down

Symphony vs Topaz for living space .... Empty Re: Symphony vs Topaz for living space ....

Post by Paulmold Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:16 pm

When we bought our Symphony, the dealer had a Topaz to offer us as well. I think we would have chosen the Topaz if the dealer hadn't said that as the Topaz was narrower, the seats/beds were also narrower and we would soon be back to change again. So we checked them out in bed mode and he was right, hence the Symphony.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Symphony vs Topaz for living space .... Empty Re: Symphony vs Topaz for living space ....

Post by roli Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:19 pm

The VW is narrower than the Pug and also has the bathroom across the rear instead of along the side.
I think if I were choosing the Topaz would win as I am a great fan of the VW 5 cylinder engines particularly the 2.5td or the older 2.4
If you were passing Teeside Airport go in Cleveland Motorhomes and have a nosey, you should be able to see both there.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:34 pm

roli wrote:The VW is narrower than the Pug and also has the bathroom across the rear instead of along the side.
I think if I were choosing the Topaz would win as I am a great fan of the VW 5 cylinder engines particularly the 2.5td or the older 2.4
If you were passing Teeside Airport go in Cleveland Motorhomes and have a nosey, you should be able to see both there.
thanks I might just do that. When I was making my decision last August it was guided by budget and availability. At the time the Symphony was the one. Very happy with my choice just curious about the Topaz interior.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:46 pm

Paulmold wrote:When we bought our Symphony, the dealer had a Topaz to offer us as well. I think we would have chosen the Topaz if the dealer hadn't said that as the Topaz was narrower, the seats/beds were also narrower and we would soon be back to change again. So we checked them out in bed mode and he was right, hence the Symphony.
thanks Paul. I sleep across the van ( in my Symphony ) so I presume that might be difficult in the Topaz - I'm 5' 6".

Female

Back to top Go down