The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

draughty cab

2 posters

Go down

draughty cab Empty draughty cab

Post by Harper22 Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:34 pm

Hi folks, Im sure i have seen this on here somewhere but for the life of me i cant find where now.

As much as my little darling is snug as a bug usually, I seem to be getting hell of a draught from the footwell area in the cab when sited. I have used a piece of material with holes cut out (just small) to pop over the pres-studs when I close the curtains (to try and curtain off the breeze a bit) but its still stupidly draughty down the sides of the chairs and in the slide door area.

I remember someone on here saying they had spray foamed the seatbelt pillars which cut out some of the draught but i havent tried that. I have tried the duck tape on the door edge vents but this doesnt seem to of stopped anything as yet scratch head any other suggestions would be lovely as waking up with a toasty body and frozen arms is not what its all about hugegrins
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Member Age : 45
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony

Back to top Go down

draughty cab Empty Re: draughty cab

Post by CC Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:18 pm

Hi harper

I had draughts in our cab and took off the door cards and covered the ventilation holes which has made quite a difference..... I also removed the grey plastic trims at the side of the drivers and passenger seats but on our Nuevo I could feel no draught coming from this area so refitted them without doing anything further.

Since covering the vent holes in the door panel I've noticed a build up of condensation in the mornings around the white paintwork around the cab door pockets which is something I've not noticed until after covering the vent, but it does keep the cab less draughty...... Also it's best to make sure your heater is set to recirculate to avoid any draughts coming through the dash vents while parked up.

This is a link I've posted previously which might be of interest smile! but there are others which should show up in the advanced search function of the forum.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

draughty cab Empty :-)

Post by Harper22 Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:30 pm

yup those are the posts I was thinking of, when you say recirculate I assume you mean when engine is off etc and pitched but still moving the recirculate/outside air slider for the van heater (not the habitation side of things) I had never thought of that but of course that makes a lot of sense as in theory its then just an open duct through the heater matrix and to the air vents if its on the outside air setting :-) genius thank you that should certainly help matters
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Member Age : 45
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony

Back to top Go down