The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trident/Trooper Upper Bed

5 posters

Go down

Trident/Trooper Upper Bed Empty Trident/Trooper Upper Bed

Post by stevomar Fri May 20, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi
I'd be interested to know if anyone has used the upper bed in their Trident or Trooper. In ours it's only been used on one occasion when I took my son and his mate (then aged 15) down to St.Ives. His mate (who was 6ft tall - yes we feed them well up here !) slept in the upper bunk for a night and had to sleep diagonally accross. They decided to sleep in the awning inner tent the next night.
Now we just use ours for storing lightweight stuff like the bedding

Stevo

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Trident

Back to top Go down

Trident/Trooper Upper Bed Empty Re: Trident/Trooper Upper Bed

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2011 3:00 pm

The memory foam mattress and pillows go up there in my Flair. I leave the loose boards at home. Quite a feat to get a 6 footer up there. Would be better off sleeping at the back with feet under the main bed. I think the top bunk is only really suitable for tots. It's a long drop though.
Trident/Trooper Upper Bed IMG_3144
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by chriswilly Fri May 20, 2011 7:33 pm

My son Ben slept up there last weekend , he loved it. struggling to get him down in the morning, at the moment he can fit width ways so should get a few years out of the bunks. smile!
Chris.
chriswilly
chriswilly

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Fri May 20, 2011 8:46 pm

We only use ours for storage, sleeping bags & pillows, toiletries, a few lightweight clothes etc.

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by mal6186 Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:34 pm

My ten and six year olds sleep up there happily but it is a bit claustrophobic! Very useful for storing stuff though - one of the main issues with small vans I feel. Intend to make camp bunk for one of them by cutting down/adapting normal camp bed to go from door to door in cab as I read on some forum somewhere. We are a 'short' family but can't imagine they'll still want to both be up there when older teenagers. We use drive away awning if staying for couple of nights or more.
mal6186
mal6186

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident

Back to top Go down

Post by gills Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Our 4 year old son very happily sleeps up in the "crows nest" of our Trident. We've just come back from 11 nights in Scotland and he's been quite happy up top. I've once slept up top but it was a bit on the small side for me and I found the boards rather hard!

Don't know is anyone has an answer for this, but does anyone use an internal ladder for the top bunk? Our son is getting rather heavy to lift up into bed, but he's not quite tall enough to easily climb up himself. I saw a lightweight ladder being used to get into a tent on top of a Landy, which looked ideal, but I can't find them being sold separately. Any ideas?
gills
gills

Male

Member Age : 52
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony

Back to top Go down