The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VW T4 Trooper rear offside "blanking" panel

Go down

VW T4 Trooper rear offside "blanking" panel Empty VW T4 Trooper rear offside "blanking" panel

Post by Hotwells Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:39 pm

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement "blanking" panel (don't know what else to call it!) for ourT4 Trooper? Not unsurprisingly, AutoSleepers no longer have any. Our is cracked, bits flaked off, etc.

Many thanks in anticipation. (I could add a photo if anyone needs one.)

Richard
Hotwells
Hotwells

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Inca
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

VW T4 Trooper rear offside "blanking" panel Empty Re: VW T4 Trooper rear offside "blanking" panel

Post by Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:23 pm

Richard
There have been a few posts on here before regarding these panels. As I recall one member even lost one in transit ! Unfortunately I think you will struggle to find a replacement, even on ebay. Can you repair it? Another alternative would be to remove it completely, remove the glass and black it out with a window tint, ( a bit like the privacy glass that it used on later vans). This is not as difficult as it may appear. If you are not confident to tackle this, you could take it to, for example, a place that removes windscreens to get the job done.

John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

VW T4 Trooper rear offside "blanking" panel Empty Re: VW T4 Trooper rear offside "blanking" panel

Post by Hotwells Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Thank you John. I'm inclined to agree with you that I will struggle to find a replacement. Removing it is an interesting idea; its not actually a window behind it but just the recessed van panel. I'll have a go at "tarting" it up when the spring arrives.

Richard
Hotwells
Hotwells

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Inca
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Richard
I know on some models, A/S used a window van all round so that the offside rear panel covered over the glass to prevent you seeing the wardrobe unit. If yours is just the original van metal, then removing the black panel completely would seem a good idea. Good luck with it
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down