The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going to try out my Digital Receiver....

3 posters

Go down

Going to try out my Digital Receiver.... Empty Going to try out my Digital Receiver....

Post by Minniesmum Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:11 am

I rarely watch tele at home as always out in my van smile! but staying at campsites in winter with dark evenings, would be nice to have the choice in addition to the internet /DVD's and cd's/reading. My Symphony has that DigiReceiver mushroom thingie on the roof and the Clipsal sockets inside. I bought a small flatscreen tele 2 years ago for using in the Doblo and a small portable aerial. Worked ok but of course we are now all digital. Going to my local Caravan Club site for a couple of nights later this week to connect everything up and see whether I get reception with Symphony's Aerial. Wish me luck. winks hugegrins

Cath
Minniesmum
Minniesmum

Female

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony

Back to top Go down

Going to try out my Digital Receiver.... Empty Re: Going to try out my Digital Receiver....

Post by Dutto Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:06 am

Cath,

Good luck. Presume we will recognise you from the new polka-dot bikini! hugegrins

drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Going to try out my Digital Receiver.... Empty Re: Going to try out my Digital Receiver....

Post by Minniesmum Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:08 am

Dutto wrote:Cath,

Good luck. Presume we will recognise you from the new polka-dot bikini! hugegrins

drinksallround
Ian

lol4 more like a neoprene wet-suit winks ( I'm a sea-swimmer smile! )

Cath
Minniesmum
Minniesmum

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:35 pm

Test time... coming up winks Crimbo camping in my van starts Sunday. Taking the tele with me- it's been tuned ( it is Freeview enabled so my pal informs me.... ) for local reception. Just need to get on site, plug the cable into the Digi-receiver mushroom thingie and see whether it picks up anything... otherwise resort to the rabbit-ears ...if nought then it's DVD's over the hols... smile!

Last edited by Minniesmum on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
Minniesmum
Minniesmum

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:42 pm

Mine packed up and got a Christmas present replacement on the way............ Best of luck. I'm sure that you'll enjoy watching the sound of music and the great escape for the 23rd time.......... hugegrins
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:47 pm

DuxDeluxe wrote:Mine packed up and got a Christmas present replacement on the way............ Best of luck. I'm sure that you'lnjoy watching the sound of music and the great escape for the 23rd time.......... hugegrins
winks early days- mushroom antenna thingie may not work :( but if it does I'm sure I'll enjoy the same rubbish that everyone else does this time of year up!

Last edited by Minniesmum on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : word)
Minniesmum
Minniesmum

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:23 pm

Watching all the usual rubbish is part of family tradition; no doubt Mrs Deluxe will be glued to Backhanders and Corny Street whilst I sleep off the late afternoon lunch and excess of France's finest.....
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:51 pm

An update....first time trying the tele on site- had to re-tune it but the mushroomie roof aerial works !! Perfect clear reception. Shame about the programmes but a change from dvd's for a few dark evenings up! so it's Flog It and a glass of Chardonnay hugegrins
Minniesmum
Minniesmum

Female

Back to top Go down

Going to try out my Digital Receiver.... Empty Re: Going to try out my Digital Receiver

Post by Guest Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:47 pm

Minniesmum wrote:An update....first time trying the tele on site- had to re-tune it but the mushroomie roof aerial works !! Perfect clear reception. Shame about the programmes but a change from dvd's for a few dark evenings up! so it's Flog It and a glass of Chardonnay hugegrins

Hi Cath,

If you get stuck into the Chardonnay, will it really matter what you watch? shrugg

Mind you, wine and / or TV both have a similar effect on me! Zzzzzzz sleep on pillow

Mike D christmas_santa

merry xmas

PS "Dont drink and drive -you might spill it!"

Last edited by 1b449 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add PS)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:20 am

1b449 wrote:
Minniesmum wrote:An update....first time trying the tele on site- had to re-tune it but the mushroomie roof aerial works !! Perfect clear reception. Shame about the programmes but a change from dvd's for a few dark evenings up! so it's Flog It and a glass of Chardonnay hugegrins

Hi Cath,

If you get stuck into the Chardonnay, will it really matter what you watch? shrugg

Mind you, wine and / or TV both have a similar effect on me! Zzzzzzz sleep on pillow

Mike D christmas_santa

merry xmas

PS "Dont drink and drive -you might spill it!"

agree Mike biggrin was zonked by 930 last night. And today so far just weather stuff- floods and travel disruption :(
Minniesmum
Minniesmum

Female

Back to top Go down