The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will satellite receiver connect to AvtexW103D

4 posters

Go down

Will satellite receiver connect to AvtexW103D Empty Will satellite receiver connect to AvtexW103D

Post by Fallen_camper Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:16 pm

We are thinking of installing an automatic satellite system in our Sussex Duo.  It came with an Avtex W103D TV which has built in Freeview.  There is no scart socket on the TV so I'm not sure what the connection would be between a satellite receiver and the TV.   Can anyone advise.

confused3
Fallen_camper
Fallen_camper

Female

Member Age : 33
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex

Back to top Go down

Will satellite receiver connect to AvtexW103D Empty Re: Will satellite receiver connect to AvtexW103D

Post by Peter Brown Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:19 pm

Your TV has a composite video input plus stereo audio input. Its unlikely that a current satellite receiver will have these connections and interface cables or devices will be required.

If you don't want to buy a new TV I would suggest asking your satellite installer to confirm that his system is compatible with your existing TV and leave the problems to him.

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Will satellite receiver connect to AvtexW103D Empty Re: Will satellite receiver connect to AvtexW103D

Post by Gram Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:55 pm

The receiver supplied by Solar Solutions with the Camos dome on my previous motorhome had a composite + stereo output (3 x phono connectors) which was fed through an adaptor to the SCART connector of my TV.

G
Gram
Gram

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallen_camper Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:13 am

Thanks for your replies gentlemen, I will check with the installer before doing anything but I wanted to try and understand what I should be looking for.  To the gentleman who pm'd me asking if the TV would be for sale then I regret No.  We want to try to keep the TV but even if we have to change we want to be able to put things back to how they are now if we sell the van on.
Fallen_camper
Fallen_camper

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveKilroy Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:03 pm

I can;t really add to Peters advice so this is slightly off topic (and late) but here' s a link to an online manual for the AVTEX W103d for  those who prefer to keep 'e-manuals on tablets etc to save having lots of bulky manuals in their motor homes) 

As a newbie I had a quick look around but couldn't find a forum for such manuals etc so i have posted here in case anybody searches for AVTEX and/or W103d

http://www.avtex.co.uk/manuals/avtex_w103d_manual.pdf
DaveKilroy

Male

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallen_camper Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:51 am

There are a myriad of connections one of which the installer would have sorted for us - no doubt, but we have now cancelled our order as he was unable to supply our chosen dish in the couple of months we've been waiting.   It has held us up going anywhere for a couple of months so we've now decided to do without.
Fallen_camper
Fallen_camper

Female

Back to top Go down