The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick Duo shower

5 posters

Go down

Warwick Duo shower Empty Warwick Duo shower

Post by Dijon Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi all
After using the shower we noticed water seeping across the floor in front of the toilet area in our Warwick Duo. On investigation i could see that 3 sides of the shower tray were about 3 inches high, whilst the one under the toilet was about 1 inch. Furthermore with cassette removed and the cassette door open there was daylight visible from inside the shower in the bottom left hand corner. This is obviously not watertght and i wonder if there is a part missing.
If anyone has any experience of, and or remedy for this, i would be grateful to hear from you.

Many thanke Chris.
Dijon
Dijon

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo shower Empty Re: Warwick Duo shower

Post by nimbus Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:28 am

Just been out to the van to check ours and, as you say, the upstand to the shower tray below the toilet is around 1". And yes, with the cassette removed, you can see daylight all around the infill panel below the toilet.

We have never used the shower so I can't say whether water seeps across the floor after a shower, but I suspect that it would. It seems to me that the panel between the toilet base moulding and the top of the shower tray upstand should have a silicone seal to its base and two sides. Quite why it doesn't is beyond me and I think it's something that I'll do as it will only take a few minutes.
nimbus

Male

Member Age : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_belle Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:58 am

Yes, daylight in the shower, and, if you tip the washbasin up a little too vigorously with plenty of water in it, the water comes down into the little (wine) bottle cupboard in the entrance.

All in all just not very clever.
nick_belle
nick_belle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dijon Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:09 pm

Thanks for the replies, i dont know whether to feel relieved that im not alone, or dissappointed at Auto-Sleepers inability to design a shower area that is fit for purpose. As ours is still within the warranty period do you think it is worth a visit to Auto-Sleepers to rectify the problem or to follow your advice Nimbus, and use a tube of silicone? In other words, what is A-S after sales service like?
Dijon
Dijon

Male

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo shower Empty Daylight through shower

Post by murph Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi Dijon,
I must admit that doesnt seem right, I would suggest you ring Mark the service manager at Auto sleepers on 01386 853 511, I have always found him very helpful and a fount of knowledge.

Brian2
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by nimbus Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:28 pm

It'll be interesting to hear what Autosleeper have to say about it.

The A/S Service Centre is fine but unless you arrive very early (before 8am) you'll probably be in for a long wait in their lounge as they seem to work on a first come first served basis! It will only take a few minutes with a tube of white bathroom silicone to fix it and I wouldn't think it worth the trouble to have them do it.
nimbus

Male

Member Age : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Dijon Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:19 pm

I spoke to Mark at A-S, and as Brian2 said he was very helpful, suggesting that we take our van up there for repair which we will do. Two reasons for that, first we have a couple of other minor defects to look at, and secondly i would like to see their factory. Thanks again for your help.
regards Chris
Dijon
Dijon

Male

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo shower Empty Warwick

Post by murph Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi Chris,
I have never been to AS but on Nimbus's advice get there the night before, find somewhere to spend the night close to, and make sure you are first in the queue.

Brian2
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo shower Empty Possibly not a fault?

Post by oldlowie Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:23 am

I thought I had a leak on my Warwick's shower, but all that happens is that the water seeps under the toilet cassette, which is attached to the shower floor. When you move off site the water can run around in the shower tray. I use the shower a lot, and the way to get over this is to make sure that the front of the 'van is higher than the back, then the water will run straight down the plug-holes... smile!

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick

Back to top Go down