The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just got silver screens for my Duetto

3 posters

Go down

Just got silver screens for my Duetto Empty Just got silver screens for my Duetto

Post by scovell001 Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:31 pm

Just received my genuine silver screens for my Duetto, and not sure if I'm that impressed with them, despite being very well made

1) they don't seem that thick
2) despite spending ages checking the fitting, there's what I would call an air gap at the bottom of the side windows, with no way of securing down the bottom side edges.
3) just how long is that tab/material going to last stretching over the corner of the door?

I'd appreciate anyone else comments on the Silverscreens, & if there's a better alternative for the same sort of money.
scovell001
scovell001

Male

Member Age : 49
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto LE

Back to top Go down

Just got silver screens for my Duetto Empty Re: Just got silver screens for my Duetto

Post by CC Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:46 pm

scovell001 wrote:Just received my genuine silver screens for my Duetto, and not sure if I'm that impressed with them, despite being very well made

1) they don't seem that thick
2) despite spending ages checking the fitting, there's what I would call an air gap at the bottom of the side windows, with no way of securing down the bottom side edges.
3) just how long is that tab/material going to last stretching over the corner of the door?

I'd appreciate anyone else comments on the Silverscreens, & if there's a better alternative for the same sort of money.

Firstly I'm presuming when you say "Silver Screens" they are genuine silver screens? (and not generic covers often wrongly called silver screens) If they are the real McCoy then the fit should be good... usually there is a fixing around the mirror or the door handles? also you tend to find after a few attempts at fitting them they tend to fit better after a bit of use, the material that goes over the door is simply to hold them in place and is more than strong enough, many people use them for years without any problems so they are obviously up to the job they are intended for.

We have a set of Taylormade covers, we got them because they offered a longer cover for the Peugeot Boxer X250 that covers the scuttle and bonnet vents stoping draughts and keeping water out, at the time silver screens didn't do the longer covers but I understand they now have a two piece cover but I still prefer the Taylormade one piece design. The Taylormade covers also come with elasticated straps to secure to your wheel or the lip on your wheel arch (Ive never used these) also they come with a velcro fixing around the mirrors (as should the Silver Screen covers?) in addition to this they have powerful magnets that attach with velcro to the middle of the doors and extra magnets can be purchased.

If you are unhappy with the covers or the way they fit I would contact Silver Screens (presuming they are new and not second hand?)

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Just got silver screens for my Duetto Empty Re: Just got silver screens for my Duetto

Post by roli Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:12 am

On our genuine Silverscreens for the Mk7 Transit there is a tape with velcro that feeds under the narrow bit of the door and attacheds back up the to the side screen. There are also tapes that tie round the door handles. From what I can remember the Mk6 Transit was the same just a different size. Fit is good.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down